Yes, yes, I know it's not "Thanksgiving day", but I'm stuck on the theme of thanksgiving. I looked up the word "Thanksgiving" in the Websters Dictionary yesterday. Here's what I found:
"Thanksgiving: The act of rendering thanks or expressing graditude for favors or mercies."
So, giving thanks for favors or mercies, something that we don't deserve is thankfulness, like Jesus Christ dying on the cross to pay the price of our sins, and to save us from our deserved punishment of hell, if we believe in him and accept him as our personal Lord and Savior. We don't deserve the sacrifice or the love that he has shone to us. How do we show our graditude to him? We have so much to be thankful for, shouldn't we give thanks everyday?
Just some questions I've been asking myself lately.
Josh
1 comment:
a few weeks ago, we have discussed, at a youth meeting, about giving thanks to our Lord every day, in every moment..for everything..either if we like what we have, either if we don't..we had a great time that evening..and we all had the opportunity to pray and thank Him, at the end of the meeting..after that meeting, i've felt so pleased with all the things God gave me..and i've realised that i don't deserve anything..but He loved and still loves me so much that He doesn't look at all my mistakes and weakness..
Post a Comment