Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A journey

I meant to post this yesterday but I found myself too busy to write. I woke up late and at 9:30 a.m. Jenna and I went to the local food ministry. We just started to volunteer there and it has been a great experience already! It really gave me a sense of gratefulness for what God has given my family and I, and many things I take for granted, these people don't have. It has been such a blessing to see the heart behind the ministry and the love the volunteers have for the recipients. There's a sense of God in the room, the people are so generous to the clients. It's all about giving and showing the love of God and you can really feel that in the atmosphere.

Before I forget what I wanted to post about:
Monday morning I started on a journey. It's something I'm really excited about and I feel that God has called me to do. He seems to have opened the doors this far, He's given me the determination to see this project to this point and I pray He will continue to do so. I've really been seeking the Lord and what He wants for my life. I want to be a tool in his hands I want to reach the world and influence people for God. Here's the verses to Lifesong by Casting Crowns:

Empty hands held high,
such small sacrifice.
If not joined with my life,
I sing in vain tonight.

May the words I say and the things I do,
make my life-song sing,
bring a smile to you.

Chorus::
Let my lifesong sing to you.
Let my lifesong sing to you.
I want to sign your name to the end of this day,
knowing that my heart is true.
Let my lifesong sing to you.

Lord I give my life,
a living sacrifice,
to reach the world in need,
to be your hands and feet.

May the words I say and the things I do,
make my life song sing,
bring a smile to you.

Chorus

This song speaks such volume to me. It expresses my prayer so beautifully.
If you read this post and feel led to pray for me, would you ask the Lord to continue to guide me and show me his plan for my life? I would appreciate it very much!

Josh

1 comment:

Joshua said...

I will be praying for you Josh. I also have the same questions and thoughts about the future. I am always wondering what God wants to do in my life, but I do know that he has a plan and purpose for each person's life. Keep seeking him and following in his footsteps, he will show you. You have a great blog. I will be following it.
Joshua :D