Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Stand alone!

I am a child of my Lord and savior Jesus Christ who died to pay the price for my sin. I have lived in a christian home for as long as I can remember, and my parents have always cared and nurtured us in the way of the Lord. As I grow older, certain differences are becoming more apparent to me. I am increasingly more aware of my surroundings, differences in my life compared to friends or acquaintances of mine and I notice a desire to blend in and do things to match my peers.
On some occasions, I find myself with a group of peers, and they look at me like I'm from another planet if I don't have the latest electronic entertainment stimulants or I don't stoop to lower standards( swearing, listening to certain music, flirting etc.). I am made fun of because I want to serve Jesus and I want to please him with my actions and words. It hurts. I have been struggling with the rejection of kids like this for a while. But, I know that it's not so much the kids as it is Satan, trying to make me turn my back to God and pick up lower standard in order to fit in and ease the discomfort of standing alone. I've had some really good conversations with my mom and occasionally dad about being a loner and how these seemingly despairing situations can actually be used to draw us closer to God. Trials only come to make us stronger. As it says in 1 Peter 4: 12-13:
"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you;
but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy." We should expect trials as children of Christ. This passage really emboldens me and gives me courage to face the trials.

I've been praying that God will use my life for his kingdom, that I would shine in a world of darkness, and that through my testimony of standing alone God would use it for his glory.



Stand strong in the Lord and don't compromise your faith. Press on!

Josh

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Josh,
Wonderful post:) We all need that encouragement from time to time. God is always with us, and thankfully, we can always lean on HIM. Thanks for standing out and being a loner when you're in those tough situations. That is an outstanding testimony in itself!

I Love you Brother~
Your sister,
Jenna

Anonymous said...

Good post, Josh! Thanks for the encouragement and the admonition.

I've got to run, but I would love to talk to you some more about this (or anything else) some other time. Will be praying for you, and hope to see you on Sunday, Lord willing!

God bless!

Joshua said...

Great post Josh! Humanly speaking, true, you are standing alone. Don't forget though that you are not alone. God will be with you always through everything. Every good moment, every trial, every tribulation; he will be there. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Stand firm and hold fast. You will withstand the storm with God's strength.

Thanks for that great testimony. See ya Brother.

Love in Christ Alone,
Joshua

Josh said...

Jenna,Thanks for the comment. Your doing such a great job on your blog.

Elliot,
I would love to disscuss issues like this with someone who values the same things I do. See you Sunday?

Joshua,
Thank you for the encouragement!You are so right about God always being with us. Thank you so much for your frienship I appreciate it very much.

Josh