Thursday, July 15, 2010

Busyness

The summer days are going by in a mere blur of activities. Gardening....Animals....Music....and countless other Summer time projects have a way of filling up your day and making you ask yourself at the end of it "Why did the day go by so fast?"
Isn't that the cutest face?! Laura was standing in the barn doorway and telling us about "Lulie" (Lucy)


All manner of things are happening in my life the days, and I will update briefly.
First, God is good! In His great love and mercy, He continues to mold and shape me into the young man He wants me to be (Lots of challenging blog post as a result!)  I have been fighting my busy schedule to obtain quite time with the Lord. It can be such a challenge to get away from life's continual busyness, rest in the quiet, listen, and let God's still, peaceful voice refresh my spirit. However, it is so crucial that I spend time each day in God's word and pray to Him

"Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night."   Psalms 1:1-2

Have you ever thought about that? Read through the verses again slowly and just think about it for a moment...really think about it ;)  It is purely essential that we be meditating on God's Holy Word if we seek a vibrant and authentic relationship with Him. 
During my quiet time, I ask myself and God: "Do I really delight in the law of the Lord?" Well, through God's grace, I am learning to love God's word and his law. While I used to despise the thought of a stuffy, arrogant Christian having "quiet time", labeling them as "holier than thou", spending a few quiet moments with the Lord it is now my absolute favorite time of the day! God has a way of humbling and changing us, doesn't he? He is Good!

Secondly, while definitely not the biggest issue or excitement I have ever faced in the history of my life, I can say that I passed my Driver's Training Road test!  I give the glory to God and thank Him for his guiding hand in this small area.  Several different responses to the Road Test have come my way ranging from a confidence lending "Oh, it is so easy, you'll do fine" to a simply terror striking "It is hard, and the testers are required to flunk people to keep their job..." Well, once again I can testify to the fact that God is good and He cares about every little detail...

I think of the verse in Matthew:

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"  Matthew 6: 26 

He does care about us. Praise Him!

Have a blessed evening and remember, God is good!

In Christ alone,

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! Yes, summer seems to go by way too fast... How can ot be the middle of July already? :-)
Thanks for the encouraging words, it is way too easy to get caught up in our daily work, and put God on hold, so to speak...
Congrats on passing your drivers test! It is nice to be able to drive yourself around when necessary. Or just for fun... :-)
In Him,
Andrew Bornemann

Lydia said...

AMEN!! Well done!!:)

Patrick Coffey said...

Glad to hear your doing great! I'm about to take my driver test, LOL, hope I do OK!
I've been staying busy too!

Hope you have a great weekend,
Patrick

Calvary said...

Adorable picture and great post!

~Michaila
http://learningleaningloving.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Daddy and Mommy told me that you and Jenna passed your road test the other day. Congratulations, and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hello Josh. I just wanted to post a comment to say that I am so pleased that I found your blog. I found you via your sisters blog and I found that via her prayer blog!
I really loved that quote from Matthew and I am looking forward to reading your next posts.
Emily

Lauren said...

Thank you for being so strong in The Lord. I just recommended you blog to a friend of mine who is a Christian in name who does not truly care for the things of Christ. I hope your blog will help him grow in faith.

Joshua said...

Did you receive my e-mail yet brother?

Your David,
Joshua :)

Anonymous said...

Psalm 1 is one of the first passages I memorized. Thanks for the encouragement! Keep shinning Josh!

Anonymous said...

Hello there!
Recently, I found your blog through another blogger (stephaniesblogmylife.blogspot.com). This post really spoke to me because lately I have been asking MYSELF the same question: "Do I really delight in the law of the Lord?" It's been challening, but it's good to know that someone else struggles with it too.

Thanks for posting about this!
~McKenna

Joshua said...

Hey Josh,
Have you accepted the invitation yet to post on my blog? You are on for this coming up Friday, so don't forget brother. I will invite you again. God's blessings brothers!

Your David,
Joshua :)