
Vision and Honor
"Where there is no vision, the people perish." The same is true of boys. Without a vision for manhood, boys will perish. But true vision is cultured by honor. The courageous boy longs to honor his father and his mother and not just to succeed, but to succeed his godly parents.
From the Vision Forum catalog.
In Christ Alone,
Josh
3 comments:
It's going to be a great series Josh:)
Your sis,
Jenna
YES! Now we guys get the other half of the story. :)
So where does that vision come from? In part from our parents, yes, especially when we're young, but as we grow in maturity and responsibility, can we, do we, hear directly from God on a daily basis? If I cannot or will not hear when God speaks to me, how can I expect Him to use me to do His will? God help us to hear His still small voice when He calls.
BTW, Josh, if you can be praying for me on my school (concentration and diligence), I'd appreciate it. Last week wasn't that great, and today was no better. Tomorrow MUST be better, and by God's grace it will be better.
Anyways, TTYL, and God bless you as you seek Him in the coming week.
Great post Josh. I couldn't agree more. Vision is extremely significant when entering into manhood. A guy must resolve to not be like the world and that takes perseverance through the help of Christ. It is not easy, but God tells us that we can withstand the wiles and schemes of the devil. God bless you Josh and I am glad that you are posting this series along with Jenna's series. Keep up the good work Josh. :)
In Christ alone always,
Joshua :)
Post a Comment