Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Wonderful Responsibility

As the first born child in the family, I have been given a very important role and a heavy responsibility. Everyone of my siblings looks at me and see my example, good or bad, be it purposeful or not. Everything modeled, from the way I dress, to the way I treat my parents is observed by my younger siblings. Which means.... I have an amazing influence in their lives!

Lately, I have had the opportunity to talk with Natalie (2) about Jesus! I told her one night I was going to pray which sparked a great conversation about heaven and why Jesus died on the cross to save our sins... In all her two year old innocence she confidently stated that she was a christian and that she was going to die and go to heaven! I was quite surprised, yet thrilled that she could partly understand my rambling. Since then, we talk quite frequently about spiritual things and she loves to ask me if so and so is a christian and depending on the answer, wether or not they will go to heaven...( I just love the sweet innocence of a little child).
It is truly an honor that God has given me siblings that I can talk to about the Lord and provided conversations of meaningful subjects...

On a side note, Jenna and I finished shaving our does this afternoon and tomorrow after voice lessons, Dad, Jenna, Abigail, Anna and I are going to a Goat show!

God Bless,
Josh

7 comments:

Jhoppster said...

I can definitely relate because I am the oldest in my family and I see the way by siblings watch EVERYTHING I do. Although its a big responsibility I enjoy it! :)

'becca said...

I totally understand what you are saying. I too am the oldest in my family and, although the pressure can be a lot sometimes, I want to set a good example. It is a big job, but one that God set for me, and I will serve Him through my place in this world.

In Christ,

'becca

Regan Family Farm said...

All seven under you are lucky blessed to have such a wonderful big brother...they love you so much!

Jenna said...

Remember when Natalie and I were in the loft, and I was telling her how she needed to stay back because falling was dangerous...she said "If I die, I will go to heaven!".

Love your sis,
Jenna

Bethany said...

That's awesome Josh! I love it when the younger ones start talking about Jesus. Ben is always talking about how Jesus died on the cross for us. :)

See you in a few hours!!!!

~Bethany~

Josh said...

Bethany, See you this afternoon!

Jedidiah Duarte said...

Yes I know how it's like to have great siblings.God is sooo good.
So have we meet yet ? I love meeting new people.