Saturday, March 6, 2010

Early Tomorrow Morning...Update!

I would like to start out by saying thank you to all of those who prayed for Jenna and I. While we were driving to the woman's home, I prayed the whole way.

There is power in prayer, and we certainly saw this today. This morning we went to apologize and were not sure what to expect. Some were saying to me: "Don't be surprised if she tells you to 'get the %$#@ out of here' ". Well, I chose a more hopeful approach. "Perhaps the Lord will do a work in her heart!"


When we arrived, I apologized for our mistake, and she actually told us that she held "no hard feelings"!!! Can you believe that? A wave of thankfulness just washed over me as I thought of the verse in James that says:

"...The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." James 5:16

Thank you all for praying. It went so well and I give the glory to the Lord! Remember there is power in prayer!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is GREAT to hear!

God Bless,
Lauren Anne

Eldarwen said...

The power of prayer... ya gotta love it! ;)

All the glory to God! =D

Katie said...

That's wonderful! I am so glad that God worked that out in that way!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! PTL! God bless!

Lindsay said...

Praise the Lord!!
That's great, Josh.

Rachel said...

Wow, thank You Lord!! I totally agree that there is power in prayer, Josh.
Glad to hear it went well.
God bless you all!

In Christ,
Rachel

Joshua said...

Praise God that things worked out well. God was definitely at work throughout that time. Thanks for the update!

Your David,
Joshua :)

Kelsianne said...

Praise God! May she see the Light of Him shining through you and Jenna.
God Bless,
Kelsey

Unknown said...

So glad she didn't throw you out - or bite you or something. :) No, seriously, I am glad that God put it on your heart to make peace and especially that she let you make peace. I'm sure that took a lot of courage.

Have a peaceful Sunday Josh.
Aunt Lynnette

Catherine Anne said...

Josh, Im sorry to just now be seeing this or I would have been lifting you up in prayers as well. Well God is good. Im so happy it went well for you all. Blessings to you and I hope all is well~

Regan Family Farm said...

Josh,
So thankful that you chose a more "hopeful" approach, and what a tender blessing from the Lord to go before you.
I love you, Momma

Stephanie said...

How cool. :) What an example! God honored your decision to do a hard things for His glory. So glad it went well!

Miranda said...

I'm so glad it went well for you and Jenna, Josh!! Praise God for giving you too the courage to come to this woman to seek forgiveness and that this woman excepted it.

~miranda

Lexi said...

Thats awesome Josh! Praise God! I'm so glad to hear everything went well!

Blessings,
Lexi

Anonymous said...

Hi Josh - I haven't been to your blog in a while, but I love the way it looks and all the great, interesting info you have on here! :)

blessings, mj

Cinnamon said...

Josh~
Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are one extra special young man :-)

I appreciate your encouragement. I know God will be my strength and that HE has simply wonderful things ahead for me. Thanks for reminding me~

~Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Gotta love the power of prayer and a listening, true God! =D