Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wild At Heart - Giveaway!

Deep in the heart of every man, God has created courage, adventure, and bravery. The instinct to protect, and rescue those who need help. A manliness...

Today's society has emasculated men and brought the standard of manhood to mere ruins. Rarely can you find a man who truly understands what God created men to be.

Aside from a whole generation of men that no longer embrace masculinity, those men, who are now fathers are not teaching their sons what God intends for them. It is an epidemic that has been brought to the attention of John Eldredge who wrote the book Wild at Heart to help men re-claim their God-given masculinity. This book has been simply incredible inspiration to me, and perhaps the most influential book I have read with the exception of the Bible. 

The team at Ransomed Heart Ministries has graciously donated a copy of John Eldredge's book Wild at Heart to be used as a giveaway, and I am thrilled!

NOTE: This book is NOT for young ladies. It deals with some personal "guy stuff" and is not appropriate for girls, although, wives, and mommas to boys, I would greatly encourage to read this book in order to catch a glimpse of the masculine heart.
HOWEVER, I would encourage girls out there to enter for your brother or dad who could greatly benefit from reading this inspiring book =)  

How to enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post
2. Write a post about this giveaway on your blog, leave a link, and come let me know about it in a comment. (please comment separately if you choose to do both options!)   

  • I will draw the winner on Monday morning, so spread the word!
  • Anonymous commenters MUST leave an email address or will forfeit being entered.

This giveaway will be a huge blessing to whatever man that has the privilege of receiving it.

God Bless!

27 comments:

Cinnamon said...

I agree!! I love this book. My husband loves this book. Our oldest son loves this book :-) should I go on? hee hee

It's definitely a John Wayne/Butch Cassidy/Iron Man glimpse of manliness and right on target :-)

~Cinnamon

Unknown said...

What a great book! I've read it a couple of times and each time I find things I missed! Oh, whoops. I commented. Well don't add me to your drawing list, as I already have it.
Paul

Lexi said...

This is an awesome giveaway Josh!! I bet a young man will really enjoy this book.

Hope you are having a blessed week!

Rachel Shingler said...

My brothers would greatly benefit from this book!!

Lydia said...

Hello Josh!

Please enter me in your giveaway!Looks fabulous and much needed! Great idea!:)
I have posted it here:

http://hoppmanfamily.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway.html

God Bless!

Lydia Hoppman

Anonymous said...

Hey Josh I would like to be entered into the book giveaway sounds like a really good book.

Charity Nee said...

Hey Josh!
I would love to be entered in this giveaway - for my brothers and my daddy. ;-) Many, many thanks for hosting! :)
Chare

Jessica said...

I think my husband would enjoy this book as well as our two sons as they get older. Thanks for the giveaway.

ChristinaB said...

Hey Josh this sounds like a great book and I'd love to be entered! I have two little boys and I know the more I can understand the way God made them the better momma I can be!

Really enjoying your blog too!
ChristinaB

Mrs. H said...

Hi Josh,

I came over here via your mom's blog. This looks like a great book - my oldest son is 14. Thanks for the giveaway!


Thanks,
Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I'd like to enter for my great brother...
Thanks,
Christine

Michelle said...

This book would be a blessing for me my husband and both of our sons. We also have 2 daughters but I already know how they are made. Our oldest son is 15 and the other one is 8 it woulbe great for them to be able to read this. God Bless

Laura said...

I'd really like this book, John Wayne is one of my favorites! This is a great giveaway.

Madison
oldest brother of 6 boys

Anonymous said...

Josh,

I would love to enter this for my Dad and brother! Count me in!

whinnie96@live.com

BTW, I loved your post on Modesty! Keep up the good work of staying pure for your future wife!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great giveaway! I have 3 sons and would love to read this!
Cindy
rc7joy(at)bigriver(dot)net

regina said...

As a mom of boys now grown men, I would love to read the book and pass it on to them.
Thanks,
Regina

Joshua said...

Hey Josh,
I have never read the book and I would love to enter the giveaway. How have u been doing? Haven't heard from you lately. Anyways, I pray that you are doing well and holding fast to the truths of the Scriptures. God bless you my dear Jonathan.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

Esther said...

I'd like to get this book for my brothers.

Prayers,
Esther

seven said...

Hi Josh, found your site through your mom's, I also enjoy your sister's blog. I would love to read this book. I'm sure my husband would read it, too. I am a momma to two boys, so far. Thanks for the giveaway.
A sister in Christ, Kimberly
wadeandkimd at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great book! Please add me to your giveaway. I will post on it as soon as I can over at my blog.
Blessings!

Ella Gunter said...

Hello, I'd like to enter! I posted here, lol. And I blogged about it on both of my blogs:
http://ella-gunter.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway-at-while-im-waiting.html

http://proverbs31sisters.avirtuouswoman.org/profiles/blogs/giveaway-at-while-im-waiting

Thanks,
Ella

no one said...

Hi Josh,
I read your sisters blog and check our your mom's blog as well. And I really like yours! I'd love to enter for my 3 brothers; one of which was just recently saved who is 14 going on 40. He's so mature and now that he is saved, I am really praying for him and want to encourage him in any way I can!

Thanks!
Sarah G.

Johanna said...

Thank you Josh for Hosting! I will enter for my three bro's!

Your Sister in Christ,
~Johanna

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I read your sister's blog & I would like to win this book for my oldest brother!!!

Our e-mail is:

trvsmorgan@aol,com

j said...

Oooh, count me in!!! I know I am not a man but my husband is and I am entering on his behalf!! :) So......sounds like a good book!!!Thanks!!!

chadargon@cableone.net

Mrs. Argon

Ella Gunter said...

Oops, I just seen where you said to comment separately if we do both options. Sorry about that!

http://ella-gunter.blogspot.com/2010/05/giveaway-at-while-im-waiting.html

http://proverbs31sisters.avirtuouswoman.org/profiles/blogs/giveaway-at-while-im-waiting

Brooke said...

Hi Josh,

I came over from your Mother's blog! This sounds like a great book my husband and I would enjoy reading it.I'm like your Mom use to be no guns and so very protective....my little boy is just turning 8!

Thanks and have a Blessed week!

Brooke D.
heartnmaui at gmail dotcom