Guess what?! At 2 in the afternoon, I am done with my school! Is that awesome or what? Actually, I just came in from a snowball fight that was being waged between the younger kids and I. It has been such a long time since I just went outside and played, that I forgot how much fun it can really be! I came inside simply beaming from all the fun we had! Go outside and play. Go! Have fun!
This Hymn, How Firm a Foundation, is one of the songs for our Praise and Worship night at the end of the month, which means I play it nearly everyday. Although I have grown up listening to this song in church, the words have never meant as much as they do now, as the Lord uses them to speak to my heart.
How Firm a Foundation
How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you he hath said
To you, who for refuge to Jesus have fled?
-
Fear not, I am with thee O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God, I will still give thee aid;
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my gracious, omnipotent hand.
-
When thru the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of woe shall not thee overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.
-
When thru fiery trials thy path-way shall lie,
My grace all sufficient shall be thy supply;
The flame shall not hurt thee- I only design
Thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine.
-
The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to His foes;
That soul, tho' all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never, no never forsake!
Aren't those beautiful words? They hold such beautiful promises, it just blesses my heart to hear them. If we believe, then we stand on a firm foundation. Praise the Lord!
In Christ Alone,
16 comments:
I love old hyms. There is something special about them
those are powerful lyrics, Josh. i've been struggling with the fact that He won't ever fail me--it's hard to comprehend someone so perfect! thanks for sharing!
Blessings & smiles,
anna :)
That really is a wonderful song! Thanks so much for sharing it! It was a blessing to me!
I love hymns so much! I think it is really sad that, as my family is searching for a church, a lot of the songs sung are contemporary and on a big screen in the front of the room, instead of singing out of hymn books! My favorite recently discovered hymn is"How Deep the Fathers Love for Us".
Blessings! ~Alli
i LOVE hymns - especially that one :D I have a lot of favorites...
@Allison - I LOVE "How Deep the Father's Love for Us" - our choir sang a beautiful rendition of it for the 2009 fall program I believe.
I LOVE that hymn! It's one of my favorites.
I enjoy reading your blog posts, as well as your sister's! Your family is such an encouragement!
God Bless,
Nicole
How Firm a Foundation is one of my favorite hymns. Each time we sing it I become more and more thankful for the Truth in that hymn.
Hey Josh,
I put your link on my blog. I was wondering if you would like to start The Gentlemen`s Weekly Journal? Go to this link on my blog to read how it works. Your blog is really cool!
http://guidemeinyourtruth.blogspot.com/p/gentlemens-weekly-journal-guidelines.html
In Christ
Andrew
Great hymn! I think I'll play that in Church a few weeks from now...
It's cool that your Body does a praise and worship thing at the end of each month! We do that too. It's a time for bible memory recitation, singing, sharing, and other stuff. I really love it!
Take care brother,
Patrick
Let's here it for homeschooling!!! I LOVE it. Snowball fights! Plays and Movies! Home based businesses!!
Praise the Lord for this freedom!!
Jessica
Hehe I get done w/ school around 12 pm. ^_^ Beautiful song,I love esp. the 3rd verse...isnt it amazing after all these years the songs still are as 'sacred' as they were before? The words are indeed powerful!
Wow - excellent Josh. This is one of my favorite songs, certainly one of my favorite hymns! How great is our LORD! How wonderful His Grace!
Glad you got done with school early! I know what a relief that is ;)! Horray for homeschooling!!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
getting done with school at 2:00 was one of the BEST things about being homeschooled....it was always amazing. :)
Hello, Josh!
This is one of my favorite hymns, thank you for posting :) My favorite line: "When thru fiery trials thy path-way shall lie, My grace all sufficient shall be thy supply" . . . How good our God is! It blows my mind why He chooses to grace us so.
Lauren
I enjoyed looking over your blog.
You 're blog title is what caught my eye.
You are more than welcome to visit my mine.
http://ronjoewhite.blogspot.com
God Bless You, Ron
I love going back and just looking over the words of good old hymns. Their meaning is so deep and meaningful it's awesome. One of my favorite hymns is "It Is Well With My Soul." I love that one.
Post a Comment