Little ones just have this way of asking funny questions in the most sincere manner. And while one must not be too graphic, basic, to-the-point answers, are typically best. When they ask a crazy question, I have found that a simple, concise answer will usually suffice and satisfy curiosity!
Sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor yesterday, "we" (I) was working on yet another farm project:
A Kid-bar!
With a kid-bar, it allows us to feed up to ten baby goats at one time, and makes life for the goat owner way easier.
While I sat on the floor figuring dimensions, Natalie and Laura had settled down next to me with a box containing a bunch of bottle nipples we use to feed the baby goats. As the nipples were transformed into long fingernails, pacifiers, and mini-telescopes/spyglasses, little Natalie curiously inquired: "Joshie, what's a goat 'mipple' ?". I promptly chuckled at the sheer sincerity of her 3 year old question. The expression on her precious face was price-less too. After giving a brief answer, I continued my work, and she contented herself with more playtime. Of course, I couldn't help but grab the camera and snap a few shots!
A year and a half ago, when Natalie had just turned 2 years old, it was breeding season for the goats, and our family brought a buck to our farm in order to breed one of the does. The next morning I brought Natalie to the barn to "help" with chores. As she observed the new goat, she walked up to the pen to get a closer look at the newest arrival. The Buck decided to investigate his visitor and put his front feet on the pen door, standing directly in front of Natalie, and naturally, she is eye-level with his you-know-what... As I am filling up a water bucket, I hear Natalie ask me: "Joshie, is that thing Licorice ?" (like strawberry twizzlers).
While nearly giving myself a hernia from laughing so hard, I hurried over to move her, sloshing the buckets of water the whole way. "No, Honey, that's not licorice.*gulp*". Not to be turned off so easily, she continues: "Why?". Try to compose yourself after an episode like that!
Why oh, why do they always ask me those questions?! Moreover, what do you say?!
"Oh... Because that's the way God made them" !
25 comments:
LOL kids really do say the darnest things. Last night my siblings had us all rolling!
blessings,
lexi
ROTFL, that's hilarious! I don't know how kids come up with such funny questions!
I'm so thankful for our little siblings - asking the most innocent questions, and keeping us LAUGHING all the time:)
Love you and uh, great story!
~Jenna
LOL!! Those are when you think "Awkward!!" One of the hardest ones for me was the time when a friend of mine (a guy my age), my 5 year old brother and me were down with the horses at the barn. And Little Brother asked a very awkward question about my gelding... Yikes. That's when short simple and just enough to satisfy them is the ticket LOL
My siblings always ask if it's a carrot. :D Then of course they ask the "why" question. Of course it's like....um it's just the way God made 'em. :)
Thank God for kids! (both 2 and 4 legged!)
One of the greatest thing about little ones is that everything is an adventure and a discovory. They notice small things like grass, flowers, etc, and it reminds me to appretiate the small things in life.
Very cute story. :)
Kelsey
That is too funny! :) I was laughing while reading that. My lil siblings ask questions similar to that as well. Especially my little sister who is really bold, and since we have a dog...who is a boy...yeah! ;) But, what I have realized is that they always ask the older siblings first, thus in my situation it's my older brother! Sometimes I get stuck with a few questions, but not too often, I just hear them and have to walk away laughing! :) It's cute, anyways!
LOL! Oh my word! I can relate. Many times, my siblings have asked me something and my mind goes blank. Many times, the only way to reply is that God just made them that way.
Hahaha!! That was great! You just have to love little siblings' questions, especially since they're so innocent! :)
Haha! Yes, I can relate to that! I am the oldest (which is why I think we get stuck with those questions :D ) and my little brother, who is four years old, always comes to me with those kinds of questions.
Actually, this morning he came to me and said: "Katie, I know you are just learning to drive, but never drive and talk on a cell phone! I just saw this commercial on TV and if you talk on the phone while driving you could drop it and when you try to pick it up you could almost wreck! So, these people are selling a red and black holder for your phone. You can talk on it and EVERYTHING while it is in the holder! And it is on sale for 10 dollars!"
Oh the joys of having younger siblings! :)
Okay, that WAS FUNNY! Very very funny. I imagine you did just about give yourself a hernia over that one. hahahahaha!!! Just too cute.
Love the mipple pictures too. :)
What a funny story! I don't know if I dread or look forward to the days when my daughter starts asking those funny kind of questions :)I read your moms blog and I decided to pop over yours. I'm really enjoying! I regognize those pictures all to well. My youngest brother-in-law and I share the responsibility of taking care of 10 bum lambs and counting!I look forward to keeping up with your blog!
Too funny! I've found usually what makes those questions so funny is the total, obvious innocence that young children posses. With 10 siblings, all but one being younger than me, I savor every moment of laughter, and especially the hilarious questions that you posted about.. knowing that those moments are fleeting, and I try to takee advantage of the memory-making opportunities that they are :)
LocaChica
Haha! =D
That was cute! :)
Josh,
Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. Your support of our military is sincerely appreciated. After reading your blog (nicely done by the way)I can see that God is building you in to a fine Christian man. Good luck on your orchard, may you bear much fruit.
In His Service,
Tim
SO CUTE! Kids will be kids! :) Precious..just precious.
Hilarious! You should be keeping a journal or little scrapbook of all these things your little siblings are saying. Would be fun to look at 20 years from now.
Praised be Jesus!
JOSH you are going to be the BEST husband/father!!! God bless your Dad and your family! God be praised for such a wonderful family!!
Peace,
Rose
LOL That was a cute Post! If only their was a camera to capture our faces when the questions like that are asked to us. Haha! That'd probably be priceless :)
That last shot of your sister is priceless!
HAHAHA! Ok, that's adorable. You're right...kids always get around to asking those questions that are just entirely too difficult to answer. They make for great stories though. :D
Have a great day!
--Abigail
HAHAHA!!!As the second oldest of 9 I can relate to that question:) We live on a farm with plenty of animals so many, many questions get asked by the little ones ( sometimes all I can do is laugh).
Have a blessed,
Kelsye
Oh, we call those lambars, (in fact my mom just did a post on her blog talking about them).
I am so glad to know I am not the only oldest sibling that has to get asked those questions and try and answer them while laughing. (Or even try to answer them when not laughing).
And the more we live on the farm the hard it gets to answer the questions with a straight face. lol
Hilarious....my sisters do the same stuff all the time.They crack me up!=D
Great story & great pictures, Josh.
Love you, Nana
Post a Comment