Yesterday, we celebrated Caleb's 9th Birthday! Now, instead of being 2 weeks late like I was with my momma, I am only one day late with Caleb. I suppose I am making progress...:)
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Until I was 7 years old, I was the only boy amidst a flurry of female siblings. As a young boy myself, I always prayed that someday, God would give me a brother to grow up with. 9 years ago, God answered my prayers, by bringing you to our family!
I still remember the day you were born. I was 7 years old and staying at a friend's home waiting in agony to find out what momma would have. Would I have a baby brother soon? Needless to say, I hardly slept 3 hours that night, and woke up early to the news that "Your momma had a little boy". My mouth just hung open as I blinked. It was hard to believe that it was true.
Dad came to pick me up in the next couple of hours and I played my first little league game ever. Depite the organized chaos of little boys playing their first game of the season, and the fact that my head was in the clouds, and my heart was already with you at the hospital, we somehow managed to win the game.
After that game that seemed to never end, we gathered all the children and drove to the hospital to visit you...It WAS true... 10 pounds and 14 ounces of real baby boy who was perfect in my eyes. (Of course, I was clueless when I asked momma how she felt, and she replied faintly "My back is a bit sore and I am tired..") Who would have guessed?! Haha!
Now, at 9 years old, you are active, smart, and enthusiastic. From helping with barn chores, to playing both Baseball and Soccer, you find ways to stay busy and have fun! You are a helper, WW2 enthusiast, the up and coming goat show er on the farm, history lover, adventurer(You could easily rival Indiana Jones) and guitar master(almost). As far as school goes, reading is coming along great, and you practically think in math terms.
Even though we have our bad days were we don't get along, God is doing great things in our relationship, and I am excited to watch it keep growing. I am praying that He will also do great things in your heart, and you will recognize your weakness without Christ, and be saved by the blood of Jesus!
Love you little Brother,
8 comments:
This is very sweet, Josh :) Your little brother sounds like such a blessing! Younger siblings truly are such gifts from God . . . I just have one sister, and I treasure her - what fun it must be, to have a large family! :)
Sincerely,
Lauren Lee
HAPPY 9th BIRTHDAY CALEB!!! my goodness, I remember when I was 9...seems like SO long ago! haha
Blessings to you and your awesome family!
Lexi
Happy birthday Caleb! =D
I remember when I was the only girl amidst three brothers, praying for a sister, and God blessed us with twins! A boy and a girl. Now, I have five brothers in all and two sisters. What a blessing!
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Kelsey
Awww... Happy Birthday, Caleb! May our gracious God bless your year!
Blessings!
~Alli
Happy Birthday Caleb!
Josh it's kind of funny all of your songs on your play list are like my favorite songs!
This is so precious Josh. Jace was the only boy for a long time also...even though he is so much older than his brothers, he sure has fun with them.
I also wanted to thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. They mean a lot to me and I pray that the LORD leads you in the path He has planned for you.
Blessings,
Shonni
This has to be one of the best blogs I've come across in a long time. Totally LOVE it that you are a young guy fully committed to serving God. You rock!! :)
Post a Comment