Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Momma!


April 14 was my precious Momma's Birthday. After many terrible delays, I have finally sat down to write...
Happy Birthday Momma!
From the time I was a baby, we have always been buddies...The best of friends... Remember when I was going to marry you? You were perfect to me(and still are) :)

Talking, laughing, and playing, you always encourage me to learn, grow and explore. Anything from destroying the living room to build a fort, an early morning hands-on-science project dissecting the rabbit laid at the stairs, to of course, the memorable egg salad experiments, you have supported my endeavours.



Now, you selflessly help with the farm, schooling, and day to day training. Thanks for loving me unchanging, faithfully being there when I need you, and being my resident counselor, encourager, and best friend. You always have the right answer to the most perplexing question, or the perfect punch line for the situation. I have always thought you are "practically perfect in every way.", and time doesn't begin to change that! Each and every day, I become increasingly thankful for what blessing you are in my life...

Above all of your other perfections, your goal is raising up me, as well as the other children in the way of the Lord, that even when we are old, we will not depart from it. For that I am forever thankful.

I don't know why, but somehow, it feels sad to write this. It only seems to accentuate how quickly the time flys, very much like going into old picture files and seeing how much everything changes. It seems like just yesterday I was three years old, and already, I am sixteen...
I would never change a thing, and of course, everyday with you just gets better!

I love you forever and ever,

16 comments:

Lexi said...

aw Josh, this was so sweet! I bet your mom will cherish this post forever!!

Happy belated birthday to your beautiful mom!

Blessings,
Lexi

Anonymous said...

A very late happy birthday, Mrs. Regan! God bless!

Elliot

Patrick Coffey said...

That's awesome! April 14th is my mom's birthday to, and mine! Very nice writing!

Charity Nee said...

Oh Josh, that is soooo sweet. Your mother is such a sweet lady... I can tell that just by reading her blog.
Happy {Belated} Birthday to Mrs. Regan!! :-)
Soli Deo Gloria,
Chare

Christina Berry said...

What a sweet son you are! Your momma is very lucky! :)

Bethany said...

I remember you telling me that the only person you wanted to EVER marry was your mom. :) Then again, I only wanted to marry my dad when I was little.

"Talking, laughing, and playing, you always encourage me to learn, grow and explore. Anything from destroying the living room to build a fort, an early morning hands-on-science project dissecting the rabbit laid at the stairs, to of course, the memorable egg salad experiments, you have supported my endeavors."

Sorry, when you said this I just HAD to remember the painted chicken feet! (sorry everyone else, inside joke. lol!)

Happy B-Day Mrs. Regan!

Giann said...

aww, how sweet! Your mom sounds like a wonderful person!

Happy Birthday Mrs. Regan!!

Regan Family Farm said...

Tears for me too, Josh...it is by God's grace alone that you remember so much good, and forgive (and forget, please?) the bad. There is no way I have EVER deserved such amazing children, and I pray that our friendship continues to grow as the years go on...always, always.
I love you~
momma

Cinnamon said...

What a beautiful testimony of a Mama's love!

~Cinnamon

Anonymous said...

Reading this lovely post of yours was like reading one from my daughter to me. You two write similarly. It was very touching! I hope your mom had a great birthday :)

Lydia said...

Josh,
Very sweet and wonderful post for your Mom. I am sure she will treasure your words in her heart always. You truly are blessed to have such a good relationship with your Mom. Please tell her Happy Birthday for me!
God Bless you all.
In Christ,
Lydia

Skye said...

Wow. That brought tears to my eyes it was so beautiful. The love you have for your Mama is so very strong. It's just lovely to see. Happy Belated Birthday to Mrs. Regan! :D

Vanessa said...

Wow, I just noticed that most of the comments are from girls! Hm, not many guy bloggers. Haha, kinda random, anyways!
Aww Joshua, that's touching! Mommas are such a blessing, sweet, loving, and ALWAYS there. It's their smell, voice, and love that gets us. It's so touching, and also sad at how we all grow up and time flies by without noticing! It's also that special relationship with them, they held us for 9 months, and that just makes the connection all so special. A momma is something that can never be traded or replaced! This post was very touching and sweet! :)

Praying for the Lord to keep you well,
Vanessa

Diverse Dad said...

I was right! I was responding to the comment you left at my blog, just wanting to say thanks and I was going to say: Josh, from what I know of you that your parents have done an excellent job of raising a fine young man of faith that any father(and mother) would be proud of. After reading the post about your mother, it reaffirms my thoughts. All the best to you.
In His Service,
Diverse Dad

Unknown said...

You are blessed to have your momma and she is blessed to have you! She is a beautiful lady inside and out - that's easy to see.
(Aunt) Lynnette

Catherine Anne said...

Beautiful Josh! You do have a wonderful, beautiful momma! She has an amazing son. Wish we all lived closer, Little Man would think the world of you. You two are so much the same. Blessings Catherine