-Anna, my little helper keeping me company while I put the hog pen together.-
The hogs have arrived! With 5 of them weighing only 35 lbs., they are the smallest hogs that we have ever raised...
After church on Sunday morning, Dad, Caleb, and I made the two hour trip to pick up our 9 little hogs. The trip went well; I didn't crash the truck, and the guys didn't have to make one bathroom break, so I can truly count myself fortunate.
At the farm, we saw their HUGE boars. Referring to them as "big" would be an understatement and mistake of grievous proportions. They were...well, "Ginormous". The sows were beautiful and looking at what was available, then choosing the ones I felt showed the best confirmation, was definitely a wonderful 4-H learning experience. These hogs have great genetics, and I am really looking forward to see how they do at the fair!
Now, we are thoroughly enjoying our annual Summer highlights, and even Laura adores them. Teach them young =)
Don't judge the photography, I know it's bad. Unfortunately, I am not a camera nerd, and my camera was being rebellious for Jenna today. Maybe some day I will be able to capture a decent photo.... Until then, I suppose this will have to do!
5 comments:
That last picture gave me a good laugh!
thats awesome Josh! So glad everything went well and that you all now have your 4-H pigs!
The pictures are not bad at all!! Those piggies are sure cute!
They look great! I really like those two on the far left in the last pic. Looks like you did a good job on your selecting! I've found that I've learned SO much with my Livestock Judging. That was one of those contests that I will NEVER regret being in. :)
How's everything over there?
miss ya all!
~Bethany
What a sweet picture of you and your sister! She is adorable :) Those pigs are adorable too~
those cute piglets ! Im coming to get allll of them whats ur address ?
Post a Comment