Monday, April 5, 2010

Pippi Longstocking - Take 2

Wow! Do you ever get so busy that you don't know where to start on your list?!


It has been nearly two weeks since we finished the "Pippi" productions and it was wonderful! Over all, it was a great time, and I came away from the play with more experience than I did going into it! Throughout the months of practice, I was praying that God would be able to use me in some way to shine for His glory, and share and encourage others, which he was gracious to grant in multiple ways! It is a long story which I will share some other time, but it was great!


Between Thursday and Friday (March 25, 26) we performed "Pippi" 7 times! It was a traveling show where we went to perform at elementary schools, and combining all the set-ups, performances, and take-downs, we were one busy cast! It was all for the best however, and by the 7th performance we had it down to a science. Hearing all the children's responses to different parts of the play was really fun as well.


On Friday, my wonderful family came to see the last production which was at the church. Here are some of the pictures they captured.















13 comments:

Skye said...

LOL Those pictures were great. Thanks for sharing! P.S. The bow tie is awesome. lol :)

Anonymous said...

That is cool!! You look like you really "fit" into your part well. I would LOVE to do acting, but I just don't have the opportunity here so I guess it's not what God has in mind for right now.

Amber Noella said...

Josh, please don't get weirded out by my saying this, but you are very handsome! I bet you had a blast!

Lexi said...

oh my gosh i love it!!! hahaha wow Josh that sounds like an awesome time! Great job!!!!

I had been hoping you would do a post on that soon. Thanks!!!

Looking forward to reading the upcoming "God moments" post.

Blessings,
Lexi

Bethany said...

Sweet pics Josh! Thanks for sharing, I had been wondering how that went. I wish we lived closer....so we could have come and watched.

~Bethany~

Linda said...

Hi Josh...It looks like you were having a lot of fun with your acting. I'll bet you put your "all" into it and did a great job.

I am sure those seven performances were filled with memories you will always look back on fondly.

I am glad you prayed for "God Moments", and that He would use you. I can't wait to read about them when you do a post about that.

Jared and Abigail would be good at acting I think. They sure do a lot of silly skits for the computer and I always get a chuckle. (:>)

Anyway...congratulations of the Pippi performance.

Love,
Another "Grandma"
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Miranda said...

That is awesome, Josh! I love all the different facial expressions you are making! What was your role in the play??

It looks like you had a ton of fun! thanks for posting the pictures! :-)

~Miranda

Kyrie said...

Sounds like this was a good experience for you. Don't forget all the lessons the Lord has taught you through this, but look back on them as a plan for "next time" when you face some of those same challenges.

Please keep us posted on the baby too.

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

P.S. /LOVE/ the bow tie Josh ;D !!!

Katie said...

Looks like you and everyone else had a great time! I would have loved to be able to see it! I bet it was awesome.

God Bless~
Katie

Jason Hunsicker said...

These pics bring back memories of my days in High School dram...sigh...those were the good ol' days.

Continue to enjoy it Josh!

Josie said...

Yes, the bowtie is awesome! So is the spiked hair, or "fohawk"! :)
Josie N.

Sherry in MI said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a blast!

Kaitlin said...

That's awesome...love the bow tie lol