Friday, February 27, 2009

4-H Meeting


Last night our 4-H club had their first meeting of the year. It was mostly organizational; we received papers to insert in to project notebooks as well as declaring our projects!
I will be raising and showing market Hogs and our Dairy Goats at the fair this year. I did both last year for the first time, and I so thoroughly enjoyed it, that I'm going to do it again...The 2008 fair was such an amazing experience, I cannot begin to recount all the happenings of that week. However, I will be journaling on my blog and uploading pictures during the fair this year, and that way have a written record of it somewhere... I have been inspired again and I look forward to another wonderful year of fair experience. In the mean time, before we get our projects for the year and come full-swing into animals, I am taking a stroll down "memory lane" looking at pictures, flipping thru old manuals and paperwork; refreshing my memory... Here's some pictures that I'll share:
This is one of my favorite images of me and my twin: Jenna This is me showing my barrow in showmanship...

Here's Jill my 2 year old milker winning the 1st place two year old milker class. At 140 pounds, she was about 35 pounds under weight in this photo, However she now weighs 185 and I have high hopes for her this year in the show ring...

Just a peek at last year inspiring big dreams for this year!!!

Josh

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Those are great pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us. :)

God bless!

In Him Alone,
Rachel M.

'becca said...

Hey Josh,

I also enjoy 4-H very much. I am starting my 6 year. The time has gone by so fast!! This year I will be showing rabbits, layers, and my dog Fritzy. I hope to train my mini horses so I can show them in the future. I look forward to your fair week account!!

'becca

Sherry in MI said...

Hey Josh - would love to come see you at the fair this year. We were out of town on vacation last year. Great pictures!

Sincerely,
Mrs. Miedema

Josh said...

Rachel~ I'm so glad you like the pictures!

'becca~ Thats great this is your sixth year, Wow! Will you train your minies for halter or cart classes?

Mrs. Miedema~ I would really enjoy seeing your family at the fair this year...Thanks for visiting my blog:)

God Bless,
Josh

Anonymous said...

Fun photos. Being a friend of your sister's it was fun seeing her in the photos. :) Pretty neat... having a twin.

Shalom,
Miss Jocelyn
http://aponderingheart.com
http://feelinfeminine.com