Friday, February 27, 2009

Big Weekend Ahead!

Tonight, Bethany and Abigail from Asher Acres are coming over and our family cannot wait to see them again! Jenna, Bethany, Abigail (Bethany's sister), Abigail(Jenna and my sister) and I, are going to go to Tammy's house tomorrow to help her birth goats... She has a beautiful herd that she shows at national level. She breeds them all in the fall closely together and then in the spring-because she works full time- she induces them to kid on the weekends when she's around to oversee the process. She then has multiple does kid on one day. Tomorrow, I believe, 18 does will kid and because they are senior does they give birth to more than one baby. Talk about a busy day! This is why we go and help her out.
It is such an amazing experience to give assistance during a birth, be so close to God and the creation He's made, as well as, the privilege of hands on learning. It is very beneficial and well rounding to our education as well...
As you can see, I am extremely excited to go. Last year we all went and I hope it becomes a annual experience.
Bethany and Abigail will spend the night here, tomorrow morning we will get up early get our chores done and then around 6 am we will set out to enjoy a great day of kidding! In the next few days I'm hoping to post pictures and journal about our time there.

God Bless,
Josh

3 comments:

Bethany said...

We are so excited! We will be leaving soon!
~Bethany~

Jenna said...

I can't wait Josh! We are so privledged to go aren't we?? It is such a wonderful experience, and I just love Tammy's goats and all of the fun fellowship!!!

Love your sister,
~Jenna~

Bria Cosper said...

My grandfather has about 40 head of goats. I have helped them many times with their triplet births. It is an exiting exsperience! I read Jenna's blog BTW.