Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My First Giveaway!


I am hosting my first giveaway! I was inspired to give away: "Thoughts for Young Men". This inspirational and thought provoking book was written by J.C. Ryle in the 1800's and has been reprinted by Vision Forum. I believe this book is a great read for any young man striving to serve God with their life.
In this book, J.C. Ryle addresses some of the greatest challenges in a young man's life and exhorts them to be sober minded.
"Ryle is one of those gifted men of God who can communicate sober and serious truths with tenderness and compassion. Pointed but windsome communications is especially important when exhorting young men to resist the great temptations of youth: lust, sloth, love of pleasure, and peer pressure..." Quote from: Doug Phillips.

The quote above, sums up this book very well and I am excited to give it away!
Here are the rules to this giveaway:
1. Comment on this post, and that will enter you in the drawing.
If you would like more entries, then you have 2 options:

1. Refer a friend and make sure to have them mention your name when they comment and you will get another entry.
2. Post about it on your blog, and make sure to comment on this post again so that I know you did it.
I will accept entries until Tuesday, March 3. Then I will be drawing a winner on March 4! That gives everyone a week to enter.

Note: You do not have to have a blog to enter! Please pass the word!

Josh

8 comments:

Joshua said...

Great book by the way. I have read it and it is an extremely fascinating book. You don't have to plug my name in the drawing because someone else may want to read it. Thanks for posting this though. Great book. God bless you brother.

In Him Alone,
Joshua :)

Andrew said...

Hi Josh,

I really like your blog! Could you enter me in the giveaway?

In Christ,
Andrew

Amy said...

Hi Josh,
I think its so cool that you have a blog and can do a giveaway.
Hope your animals are doing well. Have fun with all those baby goats tomorrow!
I hope you get alot of entries (PS my mom told me Jenna posted about your givaway so I checked it out)
Gabe Q

Jessica said...

I would love to win this. I love anything from vision forum! I have two younger brothers who I am sure my mom would love to have read this. Thanks for the opportunity for an entry! I will make sure to advertise this giveaway on my blog later this week. I will come back on and let you know when I do!

God Bless,
Jessica

Rachel said...

I blogged about this giveaway on my blog! Thanks for another entry!

In Christ,
Rachel P.

Jessica said...

Hey Josh,
I posted about this giveaway on my blog. You can come and check it out at http://jessica-literarypursuits.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-giveaway.html

Thanks for another entry into the giveaway!

God Bless!
Jessica

Joshua said...

Hey Josh,
Since you don't have that many people commenting on your blog for the giveaway, why not enter my name in the drawing. If I win, I will pray and ask God who I should give the book too. Thanks very much Josh. God bless you and I hope that your day is filled with the peace of God.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

P.S. I am in the process of writing an e-mail to you. It will hopefully come tonight. Talk to you later

Sydney Smith said...

Your blog name really stuck out to me since its so close to mine!
Could you add my name to the give away? I think this book would be great for two teenage brothers!

In His service,

Sydney