While we are all surviving the depths of winter and watching every day lengthen a moment at a time. Our animals have slowed down for the winter, awaiting the coming of spring. Our goats are dry and three months pregnant. Our chickens are dutifully laying eggs and keeping up with production demands thanks to a light and timer and the horse along with the cow spend most of the time in the stall filling their bellies with hay. Things are sleeping for the winter, getting ready for the coming of spring and of babies. Within two months we will be dancing back and forth between birthing kids, warming chicks, and discovering nests of kittens in the hay.
In anticipation of the spring and the flood of does we'll be milking. I took advantage of the relatively nice weather Saturday and made another stanchion. I put it together in about an hour and a half. Since my computer is giving me trouble and refusing to upload pictures I will just forget them.
Our family has been spending spare time flipping through farm supply magazines compiling lists of supplies we need or planning our next batch of chicks and anything that reminds us of spring...
Josh
3 comments:
Hey Josh,
As you know (!), I gave you a blog award:) Head over to my blog to check it out~
Your sister,
Jenna
Hi Josh!
I like to check out your blog, but you haven't updated it in almost two weeks! :( Can you please post something?
Elizabeth
P.S.
We are considering getting chickens, and I'd be interested to read about your chickens!
Hey Elizabeth,
Thanks for the reminder! Finding time to post on my blog has been a challenge the past week however, I will do my best to get a post up soon!
God Bless,
Josh
Post a Comment