Monday, February 16, 2009

A strong church

At Church yesterday, Elliot , Jenna and I had a very good conversation over lunch. Elliot proposed the question: "What do you think makes a good church?". Ummmm....good question! I was caught quite of guard by it, however, this question led to a great chat.

When we narrowed things down, we came to the conclusion that your heart is what matters. Hearts that seek the Lord's will are critical in the foundation of a church.
Ironically, as I was studying my history today, I was reading about Paul and his letter to the Philippians. He had such a deep love for the believers, and pleaded with them to have unity amongst themselves. The quarreling, disagreements and discord among the brethren was crippling the church and unity was crucial in order to have a strong foundation in the Lord.

In Conclusion, my thoughts are these: 1. A heart seeking the Lord, which should also evoke a love for the brothers and sisters in the body.
And 2. Unity among the believers is essential for a strong foundation in the Lord

God Bless,
Josh

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points, Josh. I reread this yesterday afternoon, and again this morning, and I think your two points sum it up just about perfectly, as least as perfectly as my little brain can comprehend... :)

Thanks for sharing!

Josh said...

Elliot,
I was very glad to get some feed-back on this subject! I'm glad that you agree.
Thanks for the encouragment!
Josh

Joshua said...

I have to agree 100 percent Josh. Hearts fully committed to the Lord and unity is crucial in maintaining a strong church. A strong church would definitely maintain those qualities. Thanks for the post brother.

In Him Alone,
Joshua :D

Regan Family Farm said...

So thankful Josh, that you are endeavoring to look past what may be trendy or comely, and seek God's heart regarding the body. Love you!