Sunday, February 22, 2009

Kidding Season Prep

Last evening, Jenna , Abigail and I went to the Barn and started our kidding season prep with the does. We started by weighing them, then I trimmed hooves. My doe Jill, (as you can see in the pictures) has only four weeks left till her due date(March 23) and she weighs 18o pounds! This excites me very much, because, last year at this time in her gestation she weighed only 130 pounds.


This is one of the best shots I got....

She still has 4 weeks to go!

I just came in from doing chores along with giving her, her vaccine booster C.D.+ T. , Bo-Se and her pneumonia booster. She, as well as all our others goats, are healthy, happy and awaiting the birth of the kids.....
Josh

2 comments:

'becca said...

Hey Josh,

Raising goats sounds like fun. I raise rabbits and have two does due in the next week. Ni, this is not the fist time I have raised chicks. We have had chickens since 2005. This si our third or forth batch of chicks. Yes, I am going to show them at the fair. They are layers, so I will be showing three as a pen. I hope everything goes well with your goats!!

In Christ,

'becca

Josh said...

'becca, I love raising and showing goats. It's our family's hobby so I'm pretty into it!
Sounds like your a veteran chick raiser! I love being involved in the fair and it sound like your family does too!
God Bless,
Josh