Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another kidding day

Jenna, Abigail and I went to Tammy's again for another day of kidding. When Dad dropped us off at 6:45 a.m. we found that we had missed all the births by about a half hour. Can you believe it? However, there was plenty to do! We spent the day feeding the babies, doing Tammy's barn chores, and helping dehorn. As well as: milking, drenching, and injecting the does. Touch had her babies and I took the kid I had a deposit on home. Touch's doe kid is really nice. She is long bodied, wide through out, with a lot of dairy character. Abigail also brought home a doe kid out of Valhalla!
When we got home, our dear friends the Mulders came for dinner and fellowship. It was so good to see them again, we had a wonderful time.

What a day! I had fun every minute although, I should say, I was wiped out by the end... Touch's kid. Have you ever tried to take pictures of kids? They will not stand still, so these pictures don't do this little girl justice. She is beautiful!
Josh

3 comments:

Bethany said...

How fun! So what are you naming your new kid? How old is she? I want to hear details...lol!

I know how hard it is to take pictures of kids. I'm heading out right now to take pics of our new babies and I'm trying not to have high hopes...:)

~Bethany~

CuthFamily said...

Hi Josh!

Sounds like fun! So cool you are getting a kid, Abigail too! Have fun!

Elizabeth

Josh said...

I named my kid Tenacity, I want her to be a winner in the show ring!

Josh