Have you ever felt like there's not enough time in a day to get everything you need to get done accomplished? Well, that's how I feel...Or have felt the last week; so much to do and yet so little time to accomplish it... Anyway, back to the blog world and my update!
After 10 days in the hospital and open-heart surgery, Grandpa is going home today. Praise God for a wonderful surgery and recovery. Grandpa is doing great however, we will continue praying for a complete recovery...
We were blessed with 80 quarts of strawberries, which Jenna, Grace, Abigail, Caleb and I processed most into freezer jam, some eaten fresh, and some flash frozen for summer smoothies. By the end of the day, hulling strawberries; I was tired but quite satisfied by the harvest...
We also got 104 chicks. Lots of yellow fluff balls peeping in the pen. They're Isa Browns and will replace our current flock once they slow production.
We also got 104 chicks. Lots of yellow fluff balls peeping in the pen. They're Isa Browns and will replace our current flock once they slow production.The weather has been in the 70's the past few days and our family has taken advantage of the sunshine to get some outside work done.
The kids are growing sooo fast and yesterday, I went over to Tammy's house to dehorn them. It was the first time I dehorned kids and I had a blast ( sounds barbaric doesn't it?) While Mom, Grace and I were at Tammy's, Mom and I noticed Sett having contractions, but no progress. Tammy had me hold Sett while she proceeded to "go in" and pull out the kids. Sett had triplets and the first was a huge buck kid that was breach with his hocks folded and that's why Sett was having trouble. The other two had no problem in entering the world after the first was born and long story short, we were providentially there, to help Tammy birth one of her goats!This is a brief narrative of my past week.
God bless,
Josh
3 comments:
Josh- Thanks for all of your prayers. We just got back from seeing Grandpa and he looks good. Tired, but good. Walking around well and getting back to his ornery self :) we miss and love you guys!
Josh,
I know what you mean about not seeming to have the right amount of time in the day. But I know that God is always there and that I have the right amount of time, I just have to use it how He wants me to. Sounds like an amazing week! We have been having nice weather as well and have been making the most of it.
God bless,
'becca
Great news to hear your grandpa is home! I talked to your mom yesterday and sounds like he's making slow, but sure progress.
Have you ever thought about being a vet? You would probably breeze through your first two years just based on actual life experience already!
Sincerely,
Mrs. Miedema
Post a Comment