Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In Christ alone

A couple of weeks ago, a friend was telling me about Brian Littrell and his song, In Christ Alone. Come to find out, Rachel posted this song on her blog a couple days ago; I listened to the song and loved it...I added it to my playlist and I thought that I'd take a minute and write down the words...

In Christ alone will I glory,
though I could pride myself in battles won.
For I've been blessed beyond measure,
and by His grace alone I overcome.
O, I could stop and count successes,
like diamonds in my hands,
but these trophies could not equal,
to the place, in which I stand.

In Christ alone, I place my trust,
and find my glory in the power of the cross.
In every victory let it be said of me,
My source of strength, my source of hope,
is Christ alone.

In Christ alone will I glory,
for only by His grace, I am redeemed.
And only His tender mercy,
could reach beyond my weakness to my king
And now, I seek no greater honor,
than just to know him more,
and to count my gains but losses,
in the glory of my Lord.

[chorus]

Isn't it beautiful? This song is so worshipful...It's not what we've accomplished, but the Lord's grace, love,and mercy by which we are saved; In Christ alone.

God bless,
Josh

1 comment:

Anna Taylor said...

This is one of my favorite songs! The words are so worshipful. It reminds me that in everything we do, we do it for the glory of God and not ourselves! Have you heard the song JESUS,Lover of my soul (it's all about You), it's a very good song! Have a great week!~Annabeth