Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Come and Fill My Heart





Free, I long to be free
I long for the day I believe,
That all you say you see in me is true.
That's hard for me to do,
It's hard for me to die to myself,
And trust my life to someone else.
So come, empty me out,
I'm no good without
You inside of me.
-
Come and fill my heart with hope.
Come and fill my life with love,
Come and fill my soul with strength to carry on,
Because from here the climb is steep,
the road is long
Come and fill my days with dreams,
Empty me of all the empty things that I hold on to,
Come and fill my heart with you.
-
I need you in my life,
Need you like the air that I breathe.
You become the very heart of me,
And I, I can't believe my eyes,
I can't believe the dream that I've found,
Lord your love has turned my world around.
So come, fill up my heart till I am like you are
So deep inside of me,
-
Come and fill my heart with hope,
Come and fill my life with love,
Come and fill my soul with strength to carry on,
Because from here the climb is steep,
the road is long.
Come and fill my days with dreams,
Empty me of all the empty things that I hold on to,
Come and fill my heart with you.
-
Search me Lord, try my heart,
Come and take me now and make me new.
So Lord that the world will see you in my life,
Come and fill my heart with hope,
Come and fill my life with love,
Come and fill my soul with strength to carry on,
Because from here the climb is steep,
the road is long.

"Come, and Empty me out, I'm no good without you inside of me." This beautiful song from Avalon has been in my mind for the past week and I just had to share it with you!
Thank you for filling my heart Jesus!
Josh

6 comments:

Patrick Coffey said...

Great song! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I really like Avalon! I have their "Great Hymns of the Faith" CD and enjoy listening to it. I've never heard this song, though. Have you heard "Testify"?!? I'm going to be putting that up on one of my "Song of the Day Tuesday" posts. I just put up a Tuesday song for today...come check it out!
Blessings,
~Raquel

Eldarwen said...

I love Avalon! Thanks for sharing!

~Eldarwen Failariel~

Bri said...

AMEN! thx Josh! I really like this song!


Your Sister in Christ,


Bri

Anonymous said...

I love that song!!!

Anonymous said...

they sing good
Caleb