Dating is the world's way of seeking out the future mate for your life. While some tackle this with dedicated commitment and passion, others dabble in it with casual enthusiasm. In most situations, it is merely an exploratory venture based on a temporary sense of commitment.
Large amounts of emotional and physical energy are invested in the relationship despite the fact that marriage is not always the goal, and in fact, much collateral damage is usually the result.
While becoming involved with a person, you begin to surrender your heart to the grasp of emotional attachment.
After you have given away your heart and compromised your emotional purity, even perhaps your physical purity, a decision is made that "Hey, I don't want to marry this person!" and future involvement and commitment is not desired causing "the break - up". The emotional and physical ties are severed, resulting in two people; hurt, emotionally wounded and physically scarred.
After the "break-up", you move on to the next possibility, but a part of your heart is left behind. The damage done in your previous relationship(s) is repeated, and again, another part of your heart is left behind. Once it is felt that "the person" is found, and a wish to marry is conveyed, you bring to the table, baggage created in past relationships to the currant one. All purity has been lost, and the practice of non-committal relationships in dating, only decrease the dedication to your marriage partner.With the dissolve of dating relationships becoming the norm, the opposition to divorce only becomes less.
If there is no commitment in dating relationships, why would there be a commitment in a marriage relationship?
Is this hurtful and defiling "dating pattern" God's way and plan?
My sister Jenna and I wrote this together and so we both posted it on our blogs!
7 comments:
No,I'm sure this is not what God would want!Thanks for sharing Josh.
Kaitlin
Like I already told Jenna, I am sooo enjoying this series! It is so true that God would not want us to be hurt like that! Thanks so much for posting about this!! maybe we can discuss this at least a little bit tomorrow! :)
~Blessings~
Elizabeth
Hey Josh! I's Patrick!
What a great post! I absolutely agree with you. Check out my latest post! It's kinda funny, I think you and I had the same idea for a post! I think our two posts go hand-in-hand!
It's been a long time since I "talked" with you! I hope you are doing well! :)
Your Brother in Christ Jesus,
Patrick
P.S, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I just saw it, but I don't know how to reply to comments. :)
Well said.
Great post!
Thanks for sharing this Josh
Brianna
Great post!
Thanks for sharing this Josh
Brianna
God did not, and does not like/want us to date. That is how I am raised, and that is what I think. The reason I think that is: "Would God set something up that would hurt you?"
Anyway, well said. I like thought provoking posts. You kind of remind me of my friend, Josh! :)
Post a Comment