Friday, September 11, 2009

Where will you go?


Eight years ago today, Thousands of people awoke in their homes and set about doing their everyday routine. Children where sent off to school, men and women went to their respective jobs, little suspecting the events the day would hold...


That morning, several middle eastern men hijacked planes and drove them into the twin towers and the pentagon, taking the lives of thousands. Thousands of unsuspecting people were suddenly killed, and taken to the judgement seat. Were they prepared? Some yes. Some no.


If you suddenly die today, where will you go? Will you spend eternity in heaven with the Lord, or in the lake of fire without hope of salvation?



Josh

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That was such a scary day! I am so thankful that those who know and trust Jesus Christ as their Saviour can have hope! :D I pray that those who read this and do not have that hope will come to realize what Christ has done for them! :)

Blessings!
~Rachel~

Unknown said...

Josh,
Great point! I was actually brought down to my knees before our LORD when 9-11 happened. I thought the same thing "What if I was in one of those buildings? Where would I go?" You never know you could reach with this post! Great job!
But...I do not believe middle eastern men hijacked the plane. 9-11 wasn't an "accident" and it didn't happen by "terrorists".
Again, great post. It IS something to remember.
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel

PS: I like the new header photo!! :)

Rachel said...

I will always remember that day. When my dad first told me to turn on the tv, I thought that it was all a dream. After school was over, which ended up being a half day because of the attacks, I went to my Grandma's house and then it hit me. It was reality and many people were actually killed. Lord, I pray that you would continue to comfort the families, who lost loved ones during the 9/11 attacks. Give them peace as they endure through each and every trial and tribulation. You alone are worthy.

In Christ,
Joshua :)

P.S. Thanks for posting this Josh.

Vanessa said...

Josh,

Great post! Wow, that is such a great analogy to cope it along with the gospel. Uterally and fantastically amazing! :)

Yeah, I got up yesterday morning, as you mentioned and did school, all of my siblings did, and yes we did talk of 911, nevertheless, not so in detail anymore as the previous years. It's something that we will never forget, however, it feels only like yesterday at times that it occurred! Something so suddenly, and I know that a lot of people were cautious yesterday and on the look. I was waiting, perhaps for Jesus to come back! :)

Vanessa

Elizabeth said...

That is a great challenge!! I love that question, it's really thought-provoking!

~Blessings~
Elizabeth

Kaitlin said...

Hi Josh!Thanks for making that post.I was actually on my way to get my hair cut for my birthday the next day (I'm only 12)Love your blog.....:)


Blessings,
Kaitlin