Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Festivities and Randomness

Being that we are battling some "bug", we have been laying pretty low. In effort to pass time and comfort the sick children, I have spent hours reading out loud to them. Recently, some old Hardy Boy books were dug out of obscurity and the recesses of Dad's childhood. Because they were deemed "shallow" during my childhood, I never read them, but the younger kids love them! They sit there absolutely captivated by my dramatic performance of the mysteries! I do feel that I'm getting a bit hoarse!



Here is a project that I'm working on:


It is also for Abigail. Several years ago, our family started drawing names to select a certain sibling to give a gift to. In a large family, it becomes increasingly difficult (not to mention expensive) to purchase gifts for multiple family members. So, this year, I drew Abigail's name and that is why I am preparing gifts for her!
Today, last minute Christmas prep is being completed and we are doing lots of Christmas baking! Cookies, Peppermint bark, Chocolate-covered pretzels, and all manner of delectable, festive treats!!!



Anyone want to come over and help us eat all these?!
Merry Christmas!
Josh

14 comments:

Lexi said...

oooo I'll come!!!! Yumm that looks sooo good!

Lol I have never read any of the Hardy Boy books either...maybe I should start to read? =) I hope you don't lose your voice!

Wow! you are super creative Josh! I bet your sister will love everything you have made for her!

Hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas!

Lexi

Vanessa said...

I'll come over! ;) Those look really good. My family and I also baked cookies today, tis the season to eat lots! :) Well, I wish you and your family a lovely Christmas day! Give my wishes to Jenna as well!

Vanessa

Josh said...

Come on over guys(I mean girls)! We would all have so much fun!
Lexi, the age range for the Hardy Boys books is probably about 9-12. So, you are way past them! But I'm sure that your younger siblings may enjoy them ;)

Merry Christmas to you both as well!
Josh

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, we have about a bazillion (literally!) kinds of treats around the house!!! We have been freezing some of the extras, to have later. (since people just bring us meals and then a plate of cookies, we are overloaded!! Plus the ones we made ourselves! :)

Merry CHRISTmas!
Elizabeth

Hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

That hat is simply adorable! WOW! That is so totally cute! You have given me some ideas. Merry CHRISTmas to you and your family,
-Emily

Titus2Mom said...

Merry Christmas, to you, Jenna, and your family. We LOVE Hardy Boys and your gifts are precious!

~Amy Thomson~ said...

Haha, wish I could come over!! But I live in SA, so that'll be a bit difficult...

Yum, they look soooo nice! Haha, now I'm getting hungry; I just ate breakfast! ;)

Wow, I'm sure Abigail will love your gifts!!

In Christ Alone,

Amy

Bethany said...

What a creative idea for the hat Josh! Ummmm, all that food is making my stomach rumble....lol. Merry CHRISTmas!

~Bethany~

Kyrie said...

Wow How fun! You've certainly got a creative knack! I love to do things like that too :)
Love the idea of home-made Christmas presents too - they seem so much more meaningful when someone has put something of themselves into it! I like to make mine too.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon! Don't wear yourself out reading :) I always enjoyed the Hardy Boys myself... Even now when I have the time, and want a little light reading, I'll pull one of mine off the shelf.

The goodies sound great too! Thanks for the in-vite - But you forgot to include directions to y'all's house!! ( ;) )

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

Your friend,

-Kyrie<><

Abigail said...

Hi Josh!!!

I really like your creativity on the hat!! I am sure Abigail loves it!!!



Leah

Kelsianne said...

I'm guessing your siblings will probably do a wonderful job of helping you eat all the Christmas treats on their own. :)
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
God Bless,
Kelsey

Kaitlin said...

Awesome job on the hat Josh =) I know Abigail will love them!

I wouldn't mind coming over to eat some,but considering I live in NC and you live in Texas....hmmmm,maybe it is worth it =D Just kidding!Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


Kaitlin

Sherry in MI said...

Hey Josh - we used to get the Hardy Boys as books on tape from the library when John and James were younger. I loved it when at the end of each chapter the narrator would say "Don, don, don" (with the last "don" in a lower key with an Alfred Hitchcock type tone). That always left them begging for us to continue on to the next chapter!

Unknown said...

Well would you look at that - a guy who is creative with the needle! Good job Josh!

You seem to be such a selfless person. Such a rare thing in the world today - especially amongst teens. Jesus shines through you Josh.

Blessings to you and your family!
Mrs. Kraft