" You word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105Allow me to start this post with thanks and a question.
First things first, thank you so much to all of you dear siblings in the Lord for encouraging me and praying for me. There is power in prayer, and your encouragement has meant so much to me as well.
Now for the question, did anyone figure out what God is trying to teach me?
I'm open to your opinion, but as for my answer, I believe that He is teaching me to trust in Him, and walk by faith not by sight.
Through conversations with my mom, prayer, comments, and exhortations from friends, I felt God telling me "You need to walk by faith. Trust in Me. I have an amazing plan for your life; Better than you could ever conceive, I want you to quit fighting for what you think I want for you, and see that I have the best for you."
Now, I don't know about you, but I am finding as I grow older, that it is not easy to walk by faith. Obviously, it is a lack of trust, and perhaps a deficiency in my faith in the sovereignty of God. That is to my shame because He is the one who made me. And as my dear friend pointed out to me:
" God knows everything about you. Not just your three billion DNA base pair genes, your DNA in particular, or how many hairs are on your head; he knows your dreams, he knows the innermost parts of your heart, places you don't know about, he knows what you are thinking."
How can I not think that God has the best in mind for me?! Of course he has plans. Big plans. Plans that I can't even fathom. I think it's time I put my trust in God and hand him the wheel to my life. Besides, He's the one with the map!
" Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
The Lord laid this verse on my heart as I was getting out of bed this morning! Can you believe it?! This verse was written for me. It's time I trust Him! He doesn't ask that I figure out all the logistics. He doesn't even ask that I understand what He's doing! (If you know what is going on, then it's not trust). He merely asks me to trust in Him. He shall direct my path. Not me, Him!
Sounds simple right?! Frankly, No, not as easy as I would hope. But with the Lord's help, I will be able to fully trust in His will, and quit fighting for what I think is right.
This HUGE weight can be lifted off my shoulders. God is in control and He is sovereign. If I trust in Him, He will direct my path...
Thanks again and again for all the encouragement you have given me =)
God Bless,
Josh
First things first, thank you so much to all of you dear siblings in the Lord for encouraging me and praying for me. There is power in prayer, and your encouragement has meant so much to me as well.
Now for the question, did anyone figure out what God is trying to teach me?
I'm open to your opinion, but as for my answer, I believe that He is teaching me to trust in Him, and walk by faith not by sight.
Through conversations with my mom, prayer, comments, and exhortations from friends, I felt God telling me "You need to walk by faith. Trust in Me. I have an amazing plan for your life; Better than you could ever conceive, I want you to quit fighting for what you think I want for you, and see that I have the best for you."
Now, I don't know about you, but I am finding as I grow older, that it is not easy to walk by faith. Obviously, it is a lack of trust, and perhaps a deficiency in my faith in the sovereignty of God. That is to my shame because He is the one who made me. And as my dear friend pointed out to me:
" God knows everything about you. Not just your three billion DNA base pair genes, your DNA in particular, or how many hairs are on your head; he knows your dreams, he knows the innermost parts of your heart, places you don't know about, he knows what you are thinking."
How can I not think that God has the best in mind for me?! Of course he has plans. Big plans. Plans that I can't even fathom. I think it's time I put my trust in God and hand him the wheel to my life. Besides, He's the one with the map!
" Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your path." Proverbs 3:5-6
The Lord laid this verse on my heart as I was getting out of bed this morning! Can you believe it?! This verse was written for me. It's time I trust Him! He doesn't ask that I figure out all the logistics. He doesn't even ask that I understand what He's doing! (If you know what is going on, then it's not trust). He merely asks me to trust in Him. He shall direct my path. Not me, Him!
Sounds simple right?! Frankly, No, not as easy as I would hope. But with the Lord's help, I will be able to fully trust in His will, and quit fighting for what I think is right.
This HUGE weight can be lifted off my shoulders. God is in control and He is sovereign. If I trust in Him, He will direct my path...
Thanks again and again for all the encouragement you have given me =)
God Bless,
Josh
6 comments:
That is awesome! Praise the Lord for His abundant love and mercy! It's been wonderful to see God working in your life Josh.
Your sister and friend in Christ,
~Bethany~
Beautiful post :)
Love the picture you used!
LocaChica
That is incredible, Josh! Putting my life fully in God's hands is hard for me to do. It is truly amazing to see what happens when we do trust him, though!
Josh,
What an amazing post! I've just recently found your blog, and have been very blessed by it!
I will be praying for you as you continue to follow the Lord's leading in your life.
Blessings,
Christina
Romans 12:11-12
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Great post, Josh! I understand what you mean about wondering what will happen in the future. Like you said, our God is a great God. He is the One who put this earth into motion, and would He not take care of us? :D
Great post!
Have a blessed Christmas, Josh!
In Him,
Rachel M.
Yes, He will continue to direct your paths day in and day out. Great post brother. I was glad that I could be of help too you. I love you like my own brother and I pray that you have a very Merry Christmas!!!!
Your David,
Joshua :)
P.S. Praying that your family feels better.
P.S.S. The other day I was reading through the Bible about David and Jonathan's friendship. One of the passages says that David loved Jonathan as his self and Jonathan loved David as himself. Even though we have never met each other, brother, I love you just like my own self. You have a heart for God that is emphasized throughout your many blog posts and your sister says many great things about you. I never knew that you could sew, knit, or crochet. That is absolutely incredible. I can't even knit or sew for the life of me, but that is not the point. The point is that I am glad to have a friend like you. Stand firm, my Jonathan. The Lord will never leave you nor forsake you.
Post a Comment