In connection with my previous posts What Are You Telling Me God? and Lean Not On Your Own Understanding, I decided to post the Hymn Trust and Obey. I have sung this song since I was quite young, and until recently, never thought much about the meaning of the words. With the certain "things" going on in my life through the last few months, my Momma brought this song to my attention and the words were really amazing. They spoke directly to my situation.
Trust and Obey
When we walk the Lord In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
and with all who will trust and obey.
-
Trust and obey, for there's no other way,
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
-
Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear, not a sign nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
-
Chorus
-
Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
but our toil He does quickly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss, not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
-
Chorus
-
But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the alter we lay,
For the favor He shows, and the joy he bestows,
are for them who will trust and obey.
-
Chorus
-
Then in fellowship sweet, we will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go,
Never fear only trust and obey.
-
Chorus
-
Only trust and obey! Isn't it a beautiful song?
Learning to trust and obey Him,
Josh
10 comments:
Josh,
Your last few posts have been such a blessing and encouragement to me. When I was about your age, (and even now sometimes) I struggled with some of the same questions, dreams, and discouragements.
It is strange you should mention this movie at this time. My latest post relates to a 'sister' movie.
God is always perfect in His timing isn't He?!
Blessings!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
Hi Josh, I'm a friend of Jenna's; I came here after being impressed with her last post -as well as hearing about you numerous times & decided to follow. :) ~BTW, that was extremely nice to let me know where Jenna ran to on gmail the other day......~ God bless you! Keep serving Him! There's nothing to compare to it- its addicting, isn't it!!?! What a wonderful Saviour we serve! ~Sarah Ruth
That is a great song. What a wonderful reminder that God has our life under control. It's just so easy for people (myself included) to forget that he is in control of everything.
It really is neat to look in the bible at all the stories that seemed to turn bad because of sin. God always turned it around for his greater will!
In 1st Samuel, the ark of the Lord was taken by the enemy on account of sin. The Lord took that and the ark of the Lord was passed around to all the enemy camps until every one of them were destroyed. (I Samuel 4 and 5)
What a blessing it is to know we have a loving, caring God who is in control, no matter what conspires!
God Bless,
Kelsey
It is an amazing song with very powerful words. I have really enjoyed your last few posts, God has been teaching me some of the same things lately. I have been reading your sisters blog and getting to know here over the last few months and just found yours thru a post of hers. I look forward to reading more.
Katie
Kelsey's Mom here:
Good one Josh! I meant to post a comment about your post called "What are you Telling Me God?". I certainly understand your desire and frustration with wanting to know just where He is leading you. The main thing that came to my mind when I read that post was this:God often tests our faith and trust in times like those. He is also building, shaping and molding you for His use,glory and purposes.You are being prepared in many ways and the most comforting hope you have in all is that HE KNOWS exactly what your future holds and what He has for you to do. He holds the key and you need not fear or doubt or worry! TRUST HIm like the song says and believe His will be done. I also happen to think He will grant you the desires of your heart as you pray in child-like faith, but that it may not be just as you think or plan. HIS timing is ALWAYS right! His ways are above our ways and HE has you in the palm of his hand. Man plans his ways, but the Lord directs his steps.I really believe He would have you to wait (I know that is the hard part!) and continue to seek out ways you can grow, serve,and use your talents now.Hone your gifts and trust His perfect will and time Josh. He has you so close and He hears your hearts cry. He knows you intimately and loves you more than you will ever know. He has not left or forsaken you. He has it all orchestrated and still is working out all the details. Don't rush ahead. Wait and allow His molding to take place. He is perfect. We are not. I know you know all this, but my heart goes out to you and I want to encourage you to hold on and watch Him move.I do understand that feeling of wanting badly to serve Him in a specific way and having a difficult time waiting for it's fruition. BUT, is is worth the wait, always! If you do wait and trust, one day you will look back and say"Now I see why"! He knows. God, your Heavenly Father, has your future in control. Fret not. But stay so close to Him and you will stand amazed at what He will do!
God Bless you! Keep hungering and thirsting for HIM!
You are HIs precious sweet child and He loves you so much.
In His Grip,
Lydia Hoppman
I am so glad GOd lead me to your blog because all of your posts have been so encouraging!
That song is beautiful and a great reminder on what our eyes should be fixed on.
Have a great Christmas Josh!
Lexi
Josh,
What a beautiful song!! Thank you for the great reminder!!
In Christ,
Christina
Merry Christmas Josh!
Hey I'm "Kyrie's" cousin and I also follow your sister's blog. It's interesting how different people perceive different movies. I consider myself a sanguine happy go lucky person as well but I love the principle and great story line of the movie "north and souh". I've watched all three of the movies by the same author and it is my favorite. Anyway, I'm not trying to contradict just "commenting" :-) I love your taste in movies, and am very impressed by your's and your sister's blogs.
Sincerely,
Janell Rogers
Hey Josh! I happened to stumble across your blog just recently, and was instantly attracted to your beliefs and interests. I am new to this blogging thing, but I also really enjoy playing piano, and am the oldest of 9 kids(somewhat relatable). lol but I loved this post about Trust and Obey. Every once in a while this song gets categorized as a "kids" hymn, but the lyrics are simply amazing and so much truth are instilled in those words. Glad i was able to come across your blog! Maybe you can swing by my blog here at benjamindanielmccarthy.blogspot.com
Have a great day!
Post a Comment