Thursday, December 31, 2009

Profiting From Trials

As of late, God has allowed certain trials to befall me. Mind you, that they pale in comparison to most, yet the Lord has used these "trials" to draw me closer to Himself. Like I have mentioned in other posts, He is teaching me to trust in His sovereignty. It is as if he has blindfolded me and given me His loving hand, so that I may follow Him as he leads me. All I can do is lean upon Him, believe in His love for me, and trust in guidance. Well, I find that it is not nearly as easy as it should be or sounds.
Yet, while it is hard, it is a good hard. The type of hard that comes when an athlete trains for his or her sport. It pushes them to their limits yet they feel good about the accomplishment and the improvement.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have it's perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1:2-6

The trials are a testing of my faith, as well as training for my spiritual life. Teaching me patience, trust and faith. Please pray for me as I continue to grow in the Lord and encounter growing pains.

In Christ Alone,
Josh

4 comments:

Lexi said...

great post Josh! I'll be praying for you during these trials!

Carpe Diem
Lexi

Kelsianne said...

The Lord is so gracious and I am glad we serve a God who has his almighty hand on whatever happens in our lives; no matter how small or insignificant.
Looking back, it is a blessing to be able to thank the Lord for the trials!
Great post Josh. We'll be praying.
God Bless,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

I Tagged you!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Josh, I am so totally with you!! God has allowed SO many things to happen to me this last year, but you are right! It IS like He has blinded me, and then just guided me by His loving hand. I couldn't get through things if it wasn't for Him! You know, I sometimes wonder how non-believers can ever get through THEIR life's trials when they don't have a loving Heavenly Father like we do. Anyway, wonderful post, brother!

Blessings,
Your sister in Christ,
~Miss Raquel