Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blessing Upon Blessings

Over the course of the past month, the Lord has placed me in a spiritual crucible; refining, purifying and strengthening. Many emotional swings are present as I am happy one moment and sliding downward the next...The process of gaining emotional strength and control over my thought life has been long, and although I am not through the storm yet, I am making great strides towards improvement.
First and foremost, I am blessed through redemption in the blood of Jesus Christ. Salvation through the Son of God has given me hope and those who trust in the Lord will be strengthened according to the scriptures.

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord."
Psalm 31:24

God has blessed me with EXTRAORDINARY parents who love me, encourage me, guide me, and help me through the hard times as I experience different life lessons.
Also, I have been blessed by friends. Friends that care. Friends who love me in spite of my weaknesses. In the last week, my Aunt Lynnette and her daughter Abigail wanted to surprise me with a blog makeover, and yesterday they got it up and running! Doesn't it look great?!
Yesterday in the mail, I discovered a package, and to my delight, it was addressed to me. Once again, I was blessed by Aunt Lynnette sending me her amazing Book about their family's story. Thanks so much Lynnette and Abigail, you guys are wonderful!


Surely, I have much to be thankful for as I receive blessing upon blessings.
Have a wonderful day my "chums"!


14 comments:

Lexi said...

wow! Your blog looks awesome Josh! I bet that was a great surprise!

Enjoy the book! It is really good! =)

Blessings,
Lexi

Joshua said...

Josh, I can very much relate to your circumstances as of late. It seems that God is doing a similar work in my own heart and life. I'll be praying for you as you seek Him. May Christ bring His reign and rule in your heart and seek first His kingdom!

God bless you brother,
Joshua

P.S. The new blog template looks great, I really like it!

Janet said...

Josh

I love your website and Lynnette too.....

God Bless you

Janet Cowan

LocaChica said...

I like the new blog look :)

Charity Nee said...

layout is awesome!!

Jared Kraft said...

Love the new design man! Ab's really good at this stuff. : )

In regards to your post... I definitely know what it's like to go through emotionally uncertain times! I've had a lot of experiences along those lines. You're absolutely right, a relationship with God and partaking often in His word are our first and most important assets. I also agree that great parents/family members/friends are some of God's greatest gifts...

I'll be praying that you continue to improve!

Take care, and God bless!
Jared

PS
I check my e-mail often, feel free to contact me anytime at either:

iliketocompose(at)yahoo(dot)com
or:
scenethroughsound(at)yahoo(dot)com

Hannah Nicole said...

That's wonderful! Your blog looks awesome. :)

Blessings,

--Hannah

Charisms on Campus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaitlin said...

Nice =) I love the makeover they gave you too.Blessings!=)



Kaitlin

Kade said...

woh...

hey, can you ask lynnette if she could adopt me so she could be my aunt?

haha... i gonna keep giving you a hard time about that...

hey haven't heard from you in a while... but i thought id let you know that TfO is coming along great!

god bless you (more)

kade

Catherine Anne said...

Josh, Mom and I looked at your page. I like all your animals.I saw you were in a play. Im going to be in a play in a few weeks. From Jonathon "Little Man"

Catherine Anne said...

Josh, I too can understand the ups and downs you talk of here. What I see in you is an amazing grace and strength from our Lord to handle whatever life has in store for you... Blessings Catherine

Unknown said...

Josh, it was our pleasure! We love your family and feel truly blessed to have met you through blogging.

Don't listen to Kade, he's just jealous! HAHAHAHA!!!

Love,
Aunt Lynnette

Unknown said...

Josh - the blog looks amazing! Abigail did a great job!

I'm Lexi' Mom and friend of Lynnette's. She is such a blessing!

Enjoy the book it will inspire you to seek Him more and more each day!

Be blessed - In His amazing grace,
Mrs. Samter