Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where In the World is He?

Have you wondered "where in the world is he?" Well, I have missed all of you, and pulled rank today so I could update.
Saturday night we got sick. Really sick. Caleb, Abigail, and Jenna all caught it first, and as the afternoon wore on, the rest of us started falling down behind them...ughh...At one point that evening, Natalie, Caleb, Abigail, and I all started barfing at the same time in the living room. I suppose that seeing them all carrying on, just triggered it for me! That night was a bad one for me, being so dehydrated, I thought I was going to die... Anyway, we are all better now, although, Momma and I have taken the longest to get "back on the wagon" (just really tired)

I told you Lucy would make me look like a really cow-smart-know-it-all (jerk), and I was right =) After all that convinced babble about how she was ready to give birth, it all turned out to equal nothing. Although, the night spent in the barn was dreadfully cold, yet so much fun at the same too. The dog and cats were so pleased to have proper company, they did their best to make us feel welcome, and joined us. Lizzy(the cat) went so far as to burrow into a sleeping bag with Caleb which was really cute!

As of right now, Lucy has yet to give birth and is meanwhile, enjoying the pampering, and a stall in the barn all to herself...Seeing that she can hardly walk, I don't know how much longer she can hold out, but she seems determined to wait so we will see. Time will tell!

Yesterday, momma told me that we have to stop piano and voice lessons because of finances. I am continually grateful for my parent's passion for helping us children develop gifts and explore opportunities, and I am so thankful for everything that I have been able to learn. It feels so selfish, but I am disappointed. Dad works so hard for us, and all I can think about is what I don't have, which is wrong. There are people starving, homeless, and hurting all over the world, and I have absolutely nothing to complain about! God has blessed our family in so many ways, that I should quit looking at what I don't have, but what I DO have! Music is one of the main ways that I worship and it is such a huge part of me that I will really miss taking lessons, but perhaps I can start saving money for future lessons! This has been character building in the least, but I am excited to see what the Lord will do through it!

Today the wind chill was -4 degrees so the wood stove has become a constant companion. Jenna and I have spent quite a bit of time working on the website for our farm throughout the day, and thankfully, we have accomplished quite a large amount work. At 7 tonight, we have an organizational 4-H meeting which we are looking forward to. Already, we are planning projects and getting very excited about this year!

I am the young man in the green shirt ;)



So now you are somewhat up to date on the life of Josh, despite the randomness of the post! My apologies to you all for "abandoning" you, but I am back! I have to go "be productive" ;)



God Bless you,

14 comments:

anna :) said...

sorry u & your siblings got sick! thats no fun at all :P glad you're back though!

blessings,
anna :)

Mygloryallthecross said...

My Y'all have been busy!! Oh sorry to hear that..hope yall feel 100% (or close to it) soon. That cow just has to be stubborn,eh?? Yes,parents do sacrifice a lot for their children. By the way,I've been following your blog 'anonymously' for a while,and i enjoy checking in for updates. Well God Bless!
In Christ,
~ Annie

Charity Nee said...

i sorta was wondering... :)
glad you're all better - i hate the stomach flu like nothing else!!
haha about lucy - oh well someday there will be a lil' calf ready to come out... keep on postin'
i'll be praying that y'all can save enough to get piano/voice for yourself!! i also take piano lessons and i find it very fun - although sometimes the lessons aren't that!! :)
blessings

Lexi said...

haha well I am glad to hear you are still alive...I was getting worried! ;)

Sorry you all got sick...that is NO FUN at all! Sorry about the voice and piano lessons..I know that must be hard, but God will work through this! =)

Good luck with the 4-H meeting! Hope it goes well!


Blessings,
Lexi

Joshua said...

We are praying for your family Josh. God provides in many different circumstances and He will continue to provide for your family. Your family is a beacon set on a hill that will continue to shine bright until Christ returns. I have been very encouraged by your posts and for everything that you have been to me as a friend. Love ya brother.

Love in Christ,
Joshua :)

P.S. Keep trusting in Him. Proverbs 3:5.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I stumbled across your blog from your sisters blog which i stumbled upon from somebody else's blog... I have that habit of "blog" hopping! Anyhow i'll be back...

This is my first year in 4H; I LOVE it! I had to conduct my first meeting last week (I'm vice-prez and my prez decided to skip out on me that night). I'm showing my horse this year; I also have a calf that I'm hoping on breeding this fall. I'm anxious to find out how the calving goes with y'alls cow since I will be going through that with my "baby" eventually!

BTW it never ceases to amaze me how small the blogging world is. I see at least one or two people in your followers list that I have already been following for a while or who follow other blogs I follow. It's a small world after all!

Long comment sorry...

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you are all better.

This isn't my first time on your blog, but I think this may be my first comment.I found it through Abigails design site. :)

I am sorry to hear about your piano and voice lessons. I take saxophone lessons, so I know how you feel when you can't have them anymore.

God Bless You,
Lauren Anne

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the comment! We had a lady like that for our 4H group leader but she just quit. So now we will see how it goes with a new leader! I also wanted to mention I play piano too.. And mandolin and some guitar and also sing! I would love to do acting sometime but around here there isn't much opportunity. So I content myself with talking in the mirror lol!

Eldarwen said...

Wow! I haven't visited in a while [sorry] and your blog is TOTALLY different... in a good way! =) It looks really nice! Anyway, I'm so sorry you and your family got sick! I know it might sound weird, but when I was little I had a very, very weak stomach and I used to just throw-up every Friday or Saturday night. I haven't the slightest idea as to what made me do that, but just that I guess I had eaten something that didn't particularly agree with me. lol =D I know what you mean. I have actually been struggling with selfishness... and jealousy. Well, not really jealousy, but right now my dad is in the Hospital (he can't walk, talk or see correctly because of his lesions and we just found our he has 4 in his brain and 5 in his spine). I've been looking at other families and I've kind of felt a little jealous that they have "normal" lives, but ya know what, I have no idea what they're going through. They may be having an even more challenging situation than me. I prayed and asked God to help me look at what I do have (and not what I don't have) and be grateful. I mean, I am grateful for my family and dad, I just started wishing my dad was "normal" again. But, we're going through this for a reason and God's reasons and plans are always much better than ours, eh? :) Well, I'm glad to hear that you and your family are feeling better. Lookin' forward to when Lucy has her calf!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you guys got so sick!For whatever reason,we have had a problem with cold for the past few months.we all had one,then we all got better,then we all got it again,then got better again!Not sure what that was all about...anyway,glad your better now!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny what you said about 4-H- I thought my sister and I were the only ones who planned our year in advance! The picture also reminded me of how fun it is to watch those guys with the boards break up fights. And of how warm it is in the summer. Fond memories...

Kyrie said...

Hey Josh! So glad y'all are up and kicking again!
Sorry about the music lessons... Maybe the Lord has something else He wants you to focus on right now, and just kinda moved that out of the way for now... you never know. I just had something recently that I had to struggle with about 'giving up' to the Lord, and one of my cousins pointed that maybe, for whatever the reason we can't see, it wouldn't be good for me to get what I wanted, and (of course) the Lord knows all the 'behind the scenes' stuff, and is directing the story as He knows is best. It kind of hurt for a minute when she said that, 'cause I REALLY wanted this thing to happen. But after I thought about it, I realized she was right! Even though I couldn't see any reason why I shouldn't get my wish, maybe the Lord was truly sparing me (and those I love) from something I couldn't see, and the thought crossed my mind that it might even be dangerous to question Him.
Sorry about the rambling... My heart is full, and I guess I've got to get it out some way ;D

Blessings to you friend!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

Sherry in MI said...

Josh - glad you are all feeling better. It was great to see your mom at the conference yesterday, even though it was brief. As to finances, Michigan is just a tough place to live right now - for us too. We stopped Emily's horse activities mid-summer and the gymnastics went by the way side a few months ago already. On the bright side, you can consider your musical participation a great way to keep up on your many talents! Looking forward to hearing about the upcoming calf birth!

Patrick Coffey said...

Ouch! Yuck, sorry you got sick! You do web design? That's pretty cool!

I'm glad you are better. :)
Patrick