Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lift Up HOPE in Your Prayers


Today, Hope had a Lumbar Puncture and the results from the testing was not what was hoped for. Here is an excerpt from the update given by Hope's momma...


I was taken to a room along with other members of my family to be told that the cancer has spread to Hope's spine. Both a recent MRI and the lumbar results confirmed this. The neurosurgeon showed us the results on the computer. This was the worst possible news. Nonetheless, the neurosurgeon is optimistic that Hope has a small chance of being cured and a significant chance of remission.


The neurosurgeon then explained what we need to do next.The first step is for Hope to have one final operation on the remaining tumour in her brain. After that, as soon as she is strong enough, radiation treatment must begin, and chemotherapy must continue. I'm feeling overwhelmed at the journey in front of us, so I can't imagine how scared Hope must be. I bet the long road seems endless right now.


Please everyone, let us bring Hope and her momma before the throne of God above. The healer and Great Physician who can heal the sick. As we pray for the Lord's will to be done, let us also pray for strength for Hope and her mom as they go through these trials.


Praying,

Josh

13 comments:

LocaChica said...

Praying for beautiful Hope and family!
LocaChica

Kade said...

I'm doing my part.

Lexi said...

Oh my goodness Josh I will be praying! Will post this also on my blog.

Thanks for the update!

Blessings,
Lexi

DannyT077 said...

Is her blog the one "Hope's Cancer Diary"? I have a friend from Ohio who's following that so I was wondering if it was the same one.
I'll be praying.

In Christ,
Daniel Turack

Vanessa said...

Wow! I'll be praying...praying that's all we can do! That is so sad. It kinda brought tears to my eyes to think about it. A young girl, so young having to go through this. Faith and prayer that's all what she has and so do we. God can do miracles, we just need to trust Him, pray, and in times like this look up to Him.

Anonymous said...

I know, I am praying like crazy! I really hope she gets well and can go home quickly!!!!!
-Emily

Patrick Coffey said...

Will be praying! How hard...

In Christ,
Patrick

Kyrie said...

I will pray for Hope. It must be so tough to go through something like that!

Oh, and thanks for explaining about the comment moderation - I appreciate it!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Kyrie<><

anna :) said...

**praying hard**

The Big Sister said...

Thank you for the Update!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this prayer need Josh. I can't imagine what a difficult trial this must be for a young girl - but I do kind of understand what her momma is going through.

Blessings to you and your family.
Mrs. Kraft

Anonymous said...

Praying for Hope..



Erika

Brittni said...

http://www.gerson.org

maybe you can give her family this link?

~Blessings
Brittni