
Well, at least I received the book for my birthday! I can't really say I kissed dating goodbye because I've never dated:) Already, I have been immensely blessed through reading it.
"True love isn't just expressed in passionately whispered words or an intimate kiss or embrace; Before two people are married, love is expressed in self-control, patience, even words left unsaid."
I believe that the greatest gift that anyone can give their future spouse, is their purity...This book has been a tremendous encouragement to me as I see that others are also committing themselves to purity and saving themselves for their spouse as well. God is raising up an army of young people and it's exciting to be part of turning the tide of fornication, lasciviousness, and promiscuity!
It's exciting to be following God in this way, but lest we get caught up in the christian trend; If I was the only one, would I stay pure and stand firm upon my convictions? If you were the only one, would you stay pure and stand firm upon your conviction?
" Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes, And I shall keep it to the end. Give me understanding, and I shall keep your law; Indeed, I shall observe it with my whole heart."
Psalm 119:33-34
"But I will keep Your precept with my whole heart." Psalm 119:69
Josh
8 comments:
Great post Josh! That is an excellent book, and each time I pick it up it inspires me! God Bless! :D
Oh what a great book to get as a gift!! I have not read it yet, but am planning to soon. Have you ever read "Passion and Purity" by Elisabeth Elliot? I'm going through that one right now. I love the quote that you put up! Thanks for sharing, Josh.
Blessings,
~Raquel
P.S. Thanks for your comments on my blog :) I replied to you...
I have never dated before either, but I read 'I Kissed Dating Goodbye' and it was quite encouraging to me. It was helpful in that it teaches you to save everything for your future spouse. Joshua Harris does a great job explaining why he says the things he says. Great book and Great post!
A Sister Through Christ,
Michaila
We own this book! I can't say "I've kissed dating good-bye" either, because I've never dated. lol :D. I've only read a chapter or two in the book, but so far it's a great book!
~Eldarwen
I am about half way done reading that book..it's wonderful! Thanks for posting about it. ANY teen who has not read it needs to read it, in my opinion :)
LocaChica
I have never read the book, but I have heard of it! It has been out for a few years, hasen't it? I should purchase and read it, it would be awesome!
He Reigns,
Patrick
This looks like a great book. I've been wanting to read it; I hopefully will soon.
Great post!
Bri
That's a great post. That sounds like a really good book...Now you've made me want to read it :)
In Christ,
Lynnae
Post a Comment