Saturday, October 31, 2009

Paintball Party

After a awesome day of Paintball and fun with the guys, I'm sitting down to brief you all about it! As you know from my last post, I've never played Paintball before, and today I found out what I've missed! It is so fun =) I really appreciated the "guy time" with Dad and some newer friends.
We arrived at the H's home around 9 am, got ready in the garage with the M's, G's, Z's and a few others and got started with our game!
Now, to understand and get a mental picture of the party, the H's have probably 7-10 acres of wooded land full of hills, in which they have created bunkers, trenches and paths for their war zone! Put close to 20 camo clad, gun carrying guys together in this woods. You have? Fun! Yeah, lots of it too=)
We played several different games, all of which I thoroughly enjoyed myself. But, the last game we played stands most memorable in my mind. We divided into four groups of five and then proceeded into the woods to "take care" of the other teams! The last team with the most remaining players won.
Joe, Sam, Matt, Charlie and I made the yellow team and after sneaking through the woods and stealthily eliminating several others, we were ambushed and several of the team were "killed". Eventually I was the last remaining survivor of my team, when to my dread, I noticed someone stalking me. Even though this is a game with friends, when you see a masked man stalking you from behind brush in the woods, it just plain makes your blood run cold! Adrenaline rush! At last, I was pinned up against the borderline protected by a small tree with five men steadily advancing through the trees towards me. I was toast! But, I emptied my ammo on those guys and went down fighting. =)

Thank you so much Sam for inviting me to come along I had an awesome time!

All I've got to say is "what the eye does not see, the heart does not long for!"

Josh

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats sounds like fun! My dad and two brothers go nearly once a month its so fun. Thanks for sharing your first experience.

Kevin Wegner said...

Man I would love to play! I've played airsoft and stuff but it doesn't compare! Glad you had a good time!

God Bless!!

Kevin

Bethany said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you all had a blast! Maybe we'll have to try it here sometime with the Smiths in their woods. Oh, now I'm going to start cooking plans. lol

~Bethany~

Bri said...

I love paintball!! sounds like you had fun!!! just the thrill 'stalking' someone in the woods is a blast!!! lol

Bri

Unknown said...

Sounds like a blast! :) I know my brother would've enjoyed that!
God bless, Josh! So glad you had fun...

Blessings,
~Miss Raquel

Eldarwen said...

Sounds like you had fun, Josh! Thanks for the update! :)

~Eldarwen

Josh said...

Thank you all for the comments!Although this is near immpossible, wouldn't it be fun if we bloggers held a Paintball party together?! That would be a blast=)

God Bless,
Josh

Anonymous said...

That sounds like such fun!!! My oldest brother and I have been wanting to try it for awhile now, so maybe we'll give it a try.

Eldarwen said...

~Josh~
Yeah, that would be fun, but... I'm assuming we're all from different states (if not, that's totally weird) so yes, that would be nearly impossible. lol =D

~Eldarwen

Eldarwen said...

~Josh~
In response to the comment you left on my blog which I did not publish: Thanks, I will do that! :) And, thanks for visiting my blog!

~Eldarwen

Joshua said...

Josh,
What you said towards the end about being the last one standing with five guys steadily advancing to shoot you, that really struck me. It is the same with our Christian lives. The enemy is steadily and stealthily advancing on us in the midst of our most vulnerable tribulation. In your case, five of Satan's horrible minions, but the same holds true. Through much prayer and reading of the Word, we empty our ammo and try to hold our ground and stand firm in the midst of that intense time of temptation. The only difference is that God is right behind us to back us up when we call on Him to help us. When we do that, Satan and his minions run away from the brilliant light of our Great God. It is an amazing picture.

Stand firm in the faith bro. and when intense times of trials come upon your life, call on the Lord to help you man. :)

"If God is for us, who can be against us." (Romans 8:31)

Thanks for the picture Josh. Continued blessings to you always bro.

In Christ,
Joshua :)