Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankfulness - 10

I hope that all you fellow bloggers had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I deeply apologize for being tardy and not finishing my Thankfulness posts by Thanksgiving. But I can still be thankful right?!

So, for day 10, I am thankful for Books. lots of books. From a very young age, I learned to read and my love for reading has never stopped growing. From the Bible, to Pride and Prejudice (one of the greatest literary works of all time...) and nearly every book in between, holds great interest for me.
Finding a good book, is nearly as hard as it is to find the time to read it. Here are a few that I like and recommend:

"I have read Pride and Prejudice nearly 200 times. I get caught up in words like 'Thither' and 'Felicity'. I'm always in agony over whether or not Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy really get together. Read it. I know you'll love it."

Inspirational books on Christian living like this awesome one from Eric and Leslie Ludy. Books like these give reason to search your heart and mature in the Lord.

The Bible. The guidebook for life. The inspired, infallible and inerrant word of God.

Of course once I was introduced to the Left Behind books, I spent many a long winter afternoon reading the fast-moving, action packed and suspenseful novel.

Like I said earlier, this was just a taste of my reading list. And I read a lot more.

What are some of your favorite books?

Josh

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh I can't wait for school to be done so I can read more books :)

Definitely the Bible
Do Hard Things
Left Behind (I haven't read the adult series as much, just the kids series :)

I know there are more books than that that I enjoy, but off the top of my head I can't recall the titles :D

Blessings in Christ,
Rachel M.

Patrick Coffey said...

I have never read any of your favorite books, I'll have to look at 'em! Left Behind is supposed to be really good. I really enjoy Frank Perreti books, my favorite being "This Present Darkness".

God Bless!
Patrick

Bethany said...

Did you read the whole series of Left Behind? I got through book 10 which was all Emily gave me. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get the rest.....I LOVE reading!

Josh said...

Okay, Left Behind seems to be the popular topic here!

Patrick and Rachel,
You guys really need to get ahold of the books(adult version). They are very good, and once you pick them up, it's REALLY hard to put them back down =)

Bethany,
I read through book 10 as well! I have all the books through 7 and borrowed the other three from the library. I wanted to keep reading them but I wasn't being self-governed about my school and when to read them and such, so Mom and I desided that I should hold off... Maybe the next time I can find some free time!

Josh

Patrick Coffey said...

Yeah, I need to check them out! I have a friend that has hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of books. I'm sure he has them, and maybe I can borrow them from him.

Blessings and peace,
Patrick

Anna said...

I highly suggest you read "The Heavenly Man" by Brother Yun and Paul Hattaway. It is the testomony of Brother Yun a Chinese Christian. This book is a must read. Another very good book is "God's Smuggler". You could probably find both through inter-library loan.

Näna said...

I love the Left Behind series. My Dad started reading them a while ago, and we usually compare reading list since we both love the same sort of books, so he recommended I read them and I loved them. (YIKES! If my Mom saw this run-on she would have a heart attack!) Pa is on The Indwelling,and I am waiting for Assassins to come in from the library. *sigh* how long must one wait?:)

Anyway, I saw the name of your blog on someone else's. "While I am Waiting" is such a great song. And I think it applies so well to kids who are, well waiting, and serving under their parents, before they start their own ministry.

Through the blood of Christ,

Brianna