Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thankfulness - 5

Music. I am thankful for music. Music has always been very important to me whether I'm singing, playing, or listening to it. For as long as I can remember, I have enjoyed singing and since the time I was six years old, I have played the piano.
One of the primary ways that I worship the Lord is through music. It is a gift that he's given to me and I greatly enjoy it and strive to do my best for Him.

" Rejoice in the Lord, O you righteous! For praise from the upright is beautiful. Praise the Lord with the harp; Make a melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings. Sing to Him a new song; Play skillfully with a shout of joy." Psalm 33:1-3

Music is a strong influence on our emotions. Classical music can be very calming, Hymns/praise can draw hearts to worship. Rock and pop often feeds your flesh and can influence you to a emotional "high". It is very important to choose music carefully and stick to convictions. Pray about what God would have you listening to. I always ask myself: " Is this song honoring to my king?"...

Is my music choice pleasing God, or pleasing my flesh?

Josh

4 comments:

Kelsianne said...

Amen! What would the world be without music?

Kelsey

LocaChica said...

I agree! I am sooo thankful for music, my instruments, and the ability to create music!

Kyleigh said...

Music is definitely a wonderful gift from God. I was at a music camp this summer, and the morning I left I walked over to the practice rooms early in the morning and sat in one thanking God for music.
And thank you for the reminder that our music should honor God!

Mac and Kat said...

I love music and playing the piano! If I had a choice I would listen to music 24/7 but I can't.
In Christ,
~Mac