Our Garden
Natalie looking at Buck
Lucy, our naughty yet lovable Jersey heifer (due in January!)I am thankful for the farm I live on. The farm has provided many wonderful opportunities for me to grow, learn, and mature. Learning about animal husbandry, managing finances, building character through hard work, exploring my world and interests, and growing in the Lord are just a few of the things that the farm has provided me with.
At 10, our family moved to a civil war era, farmhouse with an old post-and-beam barn, built in the 1860's to begin our own farm. Starting with a puppy and 6 chickens, we started our journey toward farm life.
Now, nearly six years later, our old post-and-beam barn is bulging at the seams with animals including a horse, cow, a herd of goats, hogs during the summer, a dog, a few sweet cats and kittens and a large flock of laying hens.
During the winter, we heat most of the house with a wood stove on the original hearth, and busy ourselves with 4-H projects and gardening in the summer.
For those that don't know, I am posting one thing that I am thankful for everyday until Thanksgiving...Please feel free to join me!
What are you thankful for???
2 comments:
Y'all's life sounds like the one I would pick if I could choose my own! I love farm/country and old-fashioned/historical things!
I think the idea of posting something you are thankful for everyday 'til Thanksgiving is such a great one. Was it originally yours or Jenna's idea :) ?
I am thankful for so many things, it's hard to pick just one, but I suppose what's foremost on my mind right now is: Godly Friends and Influences
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
Isn't it wonderful living on a farm? Being able to be self-sufficient and learning things that help you get through everyday life is such a blessing.
~Bethany~
Post a Comment