Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blooming Where I am Planted

Do you have big dreams? I have been plagued by the tendency to dream BIG dreams since I was very young. If you are going to start something, why not shoot for the stars?
This tendency to aspire to the ultimate can be a great strengh, but it can also be a weakness. When it comes to a hobby of mine, I go all out. My constant struggle, is bigger, better, revised, improved etc. I easily envision great plans and goals. Well what's wrong with that?
Nothing is wrong with aspiring to better and improved, but I easily forget to Bloom where I've been planted. God has me right here, right now for a purpose. He has a ultimate plan, and if I get so busy dreaming and become discontent with what and where he has placed me, I become very hard for Him to use.
Vision is a great thing, however, Is my vision personal gain, or God's perfect plan? I am learning to trust God's plan for my life, and making His dream, my dream. Honestly, the only dream that I want to follow, is the one that God has in store for me, because none other will make Him happy.

God has a bigger and better dream for me than I could ever imagine. I will bloom where I am planted.

Josh

2 comments:

Kelsianne said...

Wonderful post! Thank-you.

God Bless,

Kelsey

Joshua said...

Pray about it Josh. God will give you more and more insight about your current dreams and your long time visions right now if you just ask Him. :) He is waiting for us to ask Him. Sorry for not commenting in awhile. I have been extremely busy.

Your brother in Christ,
Joshua :)

P.S. God's dreams are always big and He is definitely going to do a lot through you. Keep trusting Him and focusing your mind on Him. Stand Firm in the Faith.