Thursday, August 20, 2009

You Raise Me Up

If you remember, about two months ago, I began taking voice lessons. I love them. Lately, I have been feeling discouraged regarding my progress and I find certain things very frustrating.

When I feel "down" I always talk to God about it. It gives me such comfort to bring my problems to God. I know that He never gets tired and He always listens to my rambling. I began to tell Him of my discouragement, asked to help me, checked my heart motive, and began working really hard.
So, today, I had my voice lesson and God completely blessed me! It was SO productive! Nate gave me the song You Raise Me Up to sing and work on, and it completely spoke to my heart!

You Raise Me Up
When I am down
and oh, my soul so weary,
When troubles come,
and my heart burdened be,
Then I am still,
and wait here in the silence,
Until you come,
and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up,
so I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up,
to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong,
when I am on your shoulders.
you raise me up,
to more than I can be.
There is no life,
no life without it's hunger,
Each restless heart,
beats so imperfectly,
but when you come,
and I am filled with wonder
sometimes I think,
I glimse eternity.
You raise me up,
So I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up,
to walk on stormy seas,
I am strong,
when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up,
to more than I can be.

You raise me up,
so I can stand on mountains,
You raise me up,
to walk on stormy seas,
I am strong,
When I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up,
to more than I can be.
Thank you God for raising me up!
Josh

3 comments:

Jare said...

This is one of those songs that everyone should just have in their homes. Tacked up here and put there.

I'm leaving for missions work tomorrow and I have had butterflies this whole week.
I am now going to write this song in my notebook and I hope on singing it in the fields.

Thank you Josh for posting of this.

God Blessings on you

Kelsianne said...

That is a wonderful song!
My Nana, who died of cancer counted it as her favorite, so ever since she passed away, it is so touching to hear it.

Blessings,

Kelsey

Unknown said...

I LOVE this song too! And yes: "Thank You, God, for raising me up!"!!
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel