Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just a Quick Thought

Lately, I have been reading Thoughts For Young Men and a great sentence stood out to me:

"Every fresh act of sin lessens fear and remorse, hardens our hearts, blunts the edge of our conscience, and increases our evil inclination." -J.C. Ryle

What a true statement! I think that everyone can, in some way, relate to this. Whether it's swearing, stealing, lying or looking at a inappropriate magazine cover, it just becomes easier to do without your conscience telling you "No".
I would encourage all the guys out there to read this thought provoking book by J.C. Ryle.

In Christ Alone,
Josh

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that statement is so true and applicable..even 2 me a girl. It's challenging..we can't let a crack get in our armor or Satan will pry it open and just get more of a foothold of our life. thanks 4 posting that. Like ur site btw.:)

In Christ,

Annie W.(don't have a blog YET sorry..:( )

Jhoppster said...

I own and have read the book several times. It is a GREAT book and VERY helpful. (As you probably know!) J.C. Ryle has some very thought provoking chapters!

Vanessa said...

That is an awesome statement! The more evil we do, the less we notice it and we get blinded by our foolish acts. Powerful indeed, and something guys and girls need to hear. Thanks for sharing that! I look forward to seeing what else you post!