Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Foregivness

This morning, I took some pictures of the kids in the barn. Between lighting, angle, and posing, they were "WOW" pictures and lots of them. With great enthusiasm, I marched in the house to reveal my "prizes" to mom. She also admired them, though perhaps not to the extreme extent I did. I left the room for a few moments, only to come back and find that a sibling had "played" with the camera, pushed some buttons, and accidentally erased all of the pictures. NO! I couldn't believe it! All my artistic work was gone! Although it was a very small issue in comparison to eternity, I was frustrated. Suddenly, I was ashamed. If God could forgive my sins (much greater than erasing pictures on the camera), I should be able to easily forgive my sibling. I believe that God gave me this circumstance to practice forgiveness.

" Even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do." Colossians 3:13

In Christ Alone,
Josh

4 comments:

Regan Family Farm said...

Sorry Josh, you definately deserved more "ooo's and aaahh's" for the great photography!! I am very proud of you for recognizing and seeing past that accident/offense! Love you!

Joshua said...

Hey Josh!

Thanks so much for following my blog and also for your comment! It does indeed seem that we have many similar interests. I pray we can be an encouragement in our future posts. :)

What a wonderful encouragement! In the light of what Christ did for us, there should be nothing that we can hold against another. Love covers a multitude of sins. I would whole-heartedly agree that such things, as irritating as they may be in the present, are so small in the light of eternity!

Wonderful encouragement! God bless.

Vanessa said...

Josh,

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog! I am happy to find like-minded people and even being over the blog we can encourage each other with our comments. I find your post amazing and very uplifting, just from reading your posts, y'all seem like a neat family!

Like wise, thanks for following my blog!

Vanessa

Bethany said...

Great thoughts Josh! Sometimes we get so caught up in the "now" that we don't remember Christ and what He did for us. Isn't His love wonderful?
~Bethany~